• JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    3) Yes, but when I have Cursor Over enabled I have a problem with unused shortcuts blocking whole screen and making game unplayable. :(

1) I am planning on buying Footstepper, but I have a question. Is it possible to use (by nodes) it in ORK battle events, so for example when I use attack ability I can play a sound clip (not necessary the same used for footsteps) depending on where the character is standing?
    Post edited by JMR on
  • edited March 2020
    3) Hrm ... I'll look into it.

1) Not yet, but I've just finished working on an update for Footstepper and ORK/Makinom integrations, will be available either later today or within the next days.
    Edit: And here it is.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    1) I have problems with Footstepper demo in Unity 2019.3:

It's a compile error.

Post edited by JMR on
  • You need to import Footstepper into the project as well. If you just want to test it, download the Windows demo or try the web GL demo :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    What? Ohhh..... I thought the demo was a just a build :)

Alright now I understand, though it was the same as Ork demo :)

Foot leave marks on the ground that's GREAT, I love it :)
    Post edited by JMR on
  • Yeah, demo is a build, demo assets are assets and don't include Footstepper, since it's just scripts, not DLLs like ORK :)

The footmarks are just prefabs (with particle effects) that are spawned and pooled by Footstepper, so you can fully customize this to your liking.
  • 1) I have event when 2 npc who meet on their way using Movie AI start event (event consist of them talking using flying text), it starts by using other object tag. The problem is that both npc have the same tag. So:

a) How I can make sure that when the first npc starts event with the first, the second won't start their own event? (Both npc have the same event interaction component, I am doing emergent thing there :) )

Disabling Rigidbody on starting actor using the event don't work because both npc have box colliders with the same size and I think that randomly changing collider size will sooner or later still lead to both actors starting event at the same time.

Making an event a blocking event isn't good because I would prefer to have a few npc having a conversation at a given time.

b) I have a starting object as a 1 actor, but I can't search second actor using tag because it finds starting object, which has the same tag. Can I exclude starting object when I search for nearest npc with a tag? I can't use selected data and subdivide starting object from it, because I want to have few npc walking on the same street close by.

2) I am trying to use Change Fields for changing post processing options. Those options are in an empty object in the scene with attached Volume and Color Adjustment components. Is it possible? I can't get Ork to change Post Exposure setting in Color Adjustment I guess I get the name wrong in the field. I tried using "_" between words and few others combinations, nothing works.

Can I also change color by putting RPB values as a float?
  • 1a) Probably best to use object variables on both NPCs, e.g. using a bool variable to flag them as being in event. Have the event first check them (or one of them) for that variable and only proceed if it is false. In that case, set the variable on both NPCs, do your event stuff and don't forget to reset/remove the flag at the end :)

1b) One of them should be the event object (the NPC who's event is started), the other the starting object (the one that walks into the trigger, if that's what you're using). So no need for selecting actors based on tags.

2) Well, the function nodes require the actual name of the field or function you want to use, i.e. how they're named in code. The inspector will show a human-friendly interpretation, e.g. if the inspector shows a field name as 'Your Field', it'll most likely be named 'yourField' in code.
    I don't think that changing colors via float values will work. I'd recommend to either write a custom function that does what you need and can be called using a Call Function node, or use Makinom, which has more advanced reflection options and can e.g. change color fields.
  • 1) Thanks, everything works now :)
    2) How to find out what is the name of field in the code?

So maybe I will just wait for Ork 3. Would it be possible to change Lighting Setting in Window/Rendering?
  • 2) Either by checking the source code (if available) or API. If it's one of Unity's own components it should be available in Unity scripting API - also, Unity often exposes inspector fields as properties, so using the property option in the node would be needed for them :)

If the settings are accessible in-game, probably.
  • 1) I have a bug. When entering the battle game immediately disables Player Mouse controller. For some reason I still can move freely when in combat, but after the battle I can't move my character. I didn't change anything in settings or Battle Start Event. The closest thing to messing with settings was moving all events to one folder. I have no idea what may cause this.

2) I have quick animations in my game. I also have a check if target is dead in Default Attack event. The problem is that even if enemy dies in attack everything happens so quickly that he is still alive when the check is being made. Adding 1 second wait before the check solves the problem, however I would prefer to deal with the problem without using 1 second wait node. Is there a way to solve this?
  • 1) Player/camera control blocks during battle are mainly handled by the Control Block Settings of the battle system you're using. The rest is up to your events potentially doing some manual block/unblock of the controls.

2) When do you check for death, is it after a Calculate node? Having a 0 second Wait node should also be enough, or maybe 0.1 seconds :)
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2020
    1) So I understood the problem now. Having Mouse Controller disabled during combat is good. The problem is that it isn't enabled after combat. Component Actor Event Mover stays after combat.

2) Strange. Death event consist of about 10 nodes, 2 waiting nodes each 0.01 seconds. Attack event has a few 0.01 seconds waits after calculate, but it needs an extra 0,5 second wait node on top of that to register death. I don't understand from where extra 0,5 seconds comes from. There is no wait in Death animation enabled.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 1) The mover components will be kept once they've been added, just to already have them available when they're used at a later time.
    If the player control isn't unblocked automatically after the battle, it's most likely due to a manual control block (via a Block Player Control node) in one of your battle events (or start/end events) without unblocking it again.
    Control blocks keep track of the number of times it was blocked, i.e. a block will add 1, an unblock will subtract 1 - so, if after the battle there's still a block active, it'll not unblock the controls.

2) Death event and combatant checking out as dead are 2 separate things. A combatant is 'dead' once their health (or whatever status value you've set up) reaches their minimum value (usually 0), i.e. this is pretty much immediately after the status change, unless you're using count to value options in your status value.
    The death event is just animating the death of the combatant, but the status check will already report it as dead.
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2020
    1) In my attack event I have call event that is used only for enemies using projectile weapons. It has Block Player Controls as the first node and unblock as a last. I put blocking nodes there because when enemies were throwing projectiles player regained control and could wander around the battlefield (it lasted until call event ended and main attack event was being continued).

Those call events were generating blocks even if there were no shooting enemies in the encounter which I find baffling. I needed to put several unblock events at the end of combat event to combat that.

I disabled those blocking events in call event and everything works as it should, with the exception that when enemies shoot I regain control.

I put Player Control Block before node checking if enemy is using projectiles :)

It's actually strange that default attack event doesn't need to use Player Control Block node to block player movement but other events seems to need it.

2) Yes. I have count to value with 0,5 seconds time, just like event required :)

Post edited by JMR on