• Also, I'll add an option to use the Affect Range from the user instead of targets/targeted cells), that might help you with your setup :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited June 2019
    1)I am experimenting with Battle Camera. I use Allow Events, Camera Position, Local Space settings. There is 0 offset on all position coordinates for Camera Position. However when in battle, Battle Camera defaults to 0 on Y coordinate. Is there a way to disable Y coordinate changes for Battle Camera?

2)There is a Field to Variable Node. How can I reverse it to have Variable to Field?

Post edited by JMR on
  • 1) The Position Offset of the camera position is added to the position of the targeted game object (e.g. a combatant), in your case in local space of the target, i.e. having 0 offset will place it at the position of the target.

2) Hm, yeah ... usually I'd say use the Change Fields node, but this only allows simple value definitions. I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited July 2019
    1) 2) Thank you

3)Is there a way to mount camera on npc without it rotating when the npc rotates? I try to make a follow camera in battle, but rotation screw my plan big time :)

Also: Umouting Camera seems to stop the movment event
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 2) Will be available in the next update :)

3) If the camera is mounted to a game object, it'll naturally be moved by however the parent object moves.
    What camera controls are you using? Using one of the built-in controls (or extending from the BaseCameraControl class) would allow you to use the Camera Control Target functionality, where you can e.g. use the node of the same name to change the target of the camera control.
  • JMRJMR
    edited July 2019
    2) Your support is the best support.
    3) I am using Unity RTS Camera. Sadly Camera Control Target doesn't work with that. I tried using Change Camera Position after each cell movement, however the result look like 5 FPS movie. After using Fade without the Wait the results improved to 20 FPS movie :) It's close to acceptable. What kind of interpolation do you think would work best in this situation?
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 3) You could set up a wrapper script similar to my OOTII example. You'd just need to replace the CameraController with your control component's class and change how to set the target of the control (in the example it's via this.cameraControl.Anchor).

Regarding the wait, I'd experiment a bit, maybe something between 0.1 and 0.3 seconds should get somewhat good results :)
  • 1)Is it possible to have simultaneous turns in Ork, like in ToEE? Rather than moving, animating and executing abilities for each enemy separately, having simultaneous turns would mean that enemies movie and act all at the same time. The results of their actions would be the same as if they have moved after one another. This is just a way of presentation.

I am speaking about Temple of Elemental Evil simultaneous turns, please not confuse it with phrase based system, ala Wizardry.

I would love to include an option in my game to allow players to switch between simultaneous and traditional turn order.

2) Is it possible to show values of rolls with all currently applied bonuses to it for each attack? Something like this :

On the top you see all the bonuses and at the bottom the value of a current roll + bonuses compared to enemy AC value. This menu pops out after choosing a right entry in a combat log.
  • 1) Enable Use Dynamic Combat in Battle System > Turn Based Battles to allow combatants to perform actions at the same time.

2) No, that's not possible.
  • 1) This feature is very promising, but buggy:
    - It doesn't respect combatants action points, enemy turn starts just after player uses an ability once, and player action starts after all enemies have used theirs once.
    -Combatants HUD randomly disappear for a turn and then everything returns to normal
    - ORK ignores the number of turns a given status effect last. Without manually ending the turn, any status effect can last forever. Even using all action points which were allocated to the original turn (before Dynamic combat turned each action into a turn) doesn't change status effect.
    - Colliders aren't turned off quick enough, which results in combatants moving away from target when doing combat animation.
    - Tried to put 0.1 seconds in a wait, but it didn't solve anything
    - There is no way turn on/ off Dynamic combat in game option by player :(
  • You missed my last post about simultaneous turns bugs.
  • Sorry, I haven't yet checked it out - but it's on my list :)
  • That's great! Thanks :)
  • Which Turn Based Mode are you using?
  • Active, with formula based Actions Per Turn and and Grid Move Cost set to 0.