edited June 2019 in Makinom Support
I'm trying to follow the Player Controls part of the Roguelike tutorial, but when I try to follow the step for Raycast Settings:
Layer Mask
Select BlockingLayer.
To only select the BlockingLayer layer, select Nothing first.

Nothing happens. There is no BlockingLayer. Was it renamed, or do I need to do something different to get it to show?
Post edited by Dolorre on
  • Hm, that's strange - which Unity version are you using?
    The blocking layer is set up for layer 8, so you might just add it yourself :)

The Makinom tutorial projects where set up in Unity 2017, could be that upgrading it to a later Unity version removed the layers, although that never happened to me.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using Unity version 2019.1.4f1. How would I add another layer? Sorry for my noobness.
  • There should be a Layers dropdown in the upper right corner of your Unity window, which allows you to edit the layers :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, that worked. So if I'm understanding correctly, when I add objects to my scene, I just change the Order in Layer to 8 and it's now a blocking object?
  • Well, it'll also need a 2D collider to be recognized, but yeah, that's pretty much it.
    The prefabs should already be set up correctly, though :)
  • Awesome, thank you so much! I'll be able to use that information for my own game. :)