When I load another project asset in Makinom editor and then press play, after exit play mode is always changed back to the default project asset name in the Makinom editor.
Does it intended to work like this or is this a bug?
  • I guess the project the editor returns to is the same that's used in the game starter when playing?
    In that case, yes, that's intended, as you usually want to work on the project you're testing :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No is not returns to the same that used in the game starter.
    It loads the default one named "Project"
    Let me explain it clearer.

This time I create another project file in the editor and named it "Testing"
    Editor showing 'Currently loaded project: Asset/Makinom/Testing.asset'
    And create a game starter, link it to the project file "Testing"
    Then press plays and exit play mode.
    Boom! Guess what! In the editor is showing this
    'Currently loaded project: Asset/Makinom/Project.asset
    That the default project asset name I'm talking about.
    But in the Game Starter is still linked to project file "Testing"

Then I delete the default project file name "Project"
    And loaded back project name "Testing"
    'Currently loaded project: Asset/Makinom/Testing.asset'
    Now in my asset folder, there is just 1 project file is "Testing"
    But guess what!
    After I enter plays mode and exit again.
    Boom! It created another Project file name "Project"
    And load that project file in the editor
    'Currently loaded project: Asset/Makinom/Project.asset

If I just change it name then everything still work at intended. But if I created another project file it just gonna loaded back the default project file.
    Are you forced it to just loaded the first project file only?
    If no then I guess this is a bug!
  • edited June 2019
    Hm, I'll check it out.

Edit: Working fine here - Makinom opens the last project you had open. Unless you remove the EditorData asset from Assets/Makinom/ (this stores the last opened project and some other editor related data).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmm! That strange! And no i do not delete EditorData asset.
    I'm currently using Makinom 1.41.1 for Unity 2018.4.0f1

I am still able to replicate the same problem even on the new Unity project.
    Not sure why you did not get the same problem as I had.

Maybe there is something wrong with my Makinom asset. Will redownload it from the asset store again.
  • I'll also try it with Unity 2018.4 LTS, but it shouldn't behave any differently there ...
  • edited June 2019
    Well! I'm not sure why for you is still work fine and for me is not.
    I had to reinstall Makinom but is still the same, not sure why though.
    Like everything is against me right now.
    But is just a minor problem for me anyway!
    So...I think I just ignore it then, maybe it will disappear on the future update for me. :D
    Post edited by Night on