Is there any way to attach particle effects to menus? Such as have buttons glow when moused over make an explosion happen when you click on a button?
  • When using the New UI GUI system, you can add them to your prefabs used to construct the UI, e.g. playing animations and stuff like that in the event functions of the UI components (e.g. in On Click of a Button component).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I'm missing something basic here. I don't know what the New UI GUI system is refering to. Are you talking about Unity's GUI system or the GUI system listed under the Menu tabs of the ORK framework (with boxes, HUDS, etc)?

If the latter how do you use prefabs to construct the UI?

Also, could similar systems be used to animate the effects? (e.g. have a characters 2D portrait blink or yawn periodically. [assuming you have the appropriate GIFs?])
  • Unity (currently) has 2 UI systems, the old legacy GUI (IMGUI) and the new UI (component based, I think it's now called Unity UI).

For ORK to use the component based UI, so that you can use prefabs to create the UI, you need to select the New UI GUI system type in Menus > Menu Settings. This allows you to use prefabs to construct GUI boxes and their content.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright sweet! Thanks for the help. Going to check all that out and figure it out!