Hi,
I'm new to ORK and I was wondering if we can have have different classes show different statuses. For example, I have a skill called "Hunt" which I want to be displayed as a Status on the Character's "sheet". It has a level exactly like, e.g. a Strength status. It is not an ability because it's not related to any action. However, this status should only be displayed if your class is "Ranger". If you're a mage, it should not be displayed on your character's sheet. If a mage wants to hunt, I want the game to use another, more general status, like Agility and divide it by 2, for example.

So I thought of linking the Hunt Status to the Ranger Class. While the Mana Status could be linked to the Mage class. However, I don't see how to do that. Is there a way?

Thanks!
  • There is an auto status effect option when you can give combatant status effects that are applied right then the game starts.
  • Hi JMR! Thanks for the quick answer! I'm not sure to understand how it would solve my issue though... I'm not talking about Status Effects, but only Statuses. Let's say in my game a Stat like Magic Power should only be shown to a player that has a specific class. How can I do that?

In my understanding, a Status Effect is more something like Poisoned. It's not a base statistic...

Or maybe I don't understand!
  • You mean status values? It's also simple. Each class can have different status value developments. You can also choose in Enemy Hud what status values you want to display.
  • Oh Great! Many thanks! I'll try that!
  • All combatants (i.e. also all classes) have the same status values, i.e. ALL status values you define.

If you want Combatant HUDs (or menus using HUD elements) to show different status values depending on the class, you can do that by using the Display Requirements settings to only show a HUD element when e.g. the combatant has a certain class.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, got it!