Is there a way for ORK to create a linked state (similar to how it logs which unit currently is or was last targeted) between two combatants that can transfer between events while keeping track of the two specified parties? For instance, If I want a combatant to tackle another one and pin them, can I specify which two units are linked in this manner for when their next turn comes up; not just identify that a combatant is grappling or being grappled, but identify also the combatant on the other end of that equation, as it were?
  • Hmmmm ... I don't think so. At least linking status effects like that isn't possible.

You probably could use Object variables on the combatants to mark and react to that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "You probably could use Object variables on the combatants to mark and react to that"

But can Object Variables keep track of specific combatant instances? Just having two combatants with matched Object Variables (Grappling/Grappled) in a defined proximity to one another could still create false positives in certain scenarios, or glitch in other ways. Speaking of Object Variables, though, it would be muy bueno if they were able to 'Update' in the same manner as Item variables are now able to do.
  • No, they can't do it like that - thinking on it a bit more, you could probably use this in combination with setting the combatant's last targets.

The object variables (e.g. using bool variables) on the combatant would mark one as grappled, one as grappling. The link could be done by setting each combatant as the other's last target using a Change Last Target node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!