• Well, the inventory space feature isn't strictly a weight feature, and is only used for things in the inventory.

The bonuses of equipment are only given when they're equipped, so the solution @Wrofir suggested should work.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did this by creating an item variable called, 'Item_Weight' and giving it to every item in my game. I also created the following stats:

1) Weight, Total = The total weight of a character, their equipment and everything in their inventory. This is a combined stat. In its formula, simply create nodes for 'Select Equipment' and 'Select Item', assign the whatever keys you like and create a pair of value nodes with 'Value Type: Game Variable', 'Variable Origin: Selected' and the 'Variable Key' for each being one of your assigned keys. Also, if your combatant has a stat to account for their own personal weight, you'll want to include that as well.

2) Weight, Character: This is an optional stat that I created to give my combatant a weight of their own absent an inventory and equipment. I used various other stats that I created to calculate its value including Height, Weight, Length (for certain types of non-bipedal combatants), Muscle, Fat etc.

3) Weight, Capacity: This one's probably optional, but only if you don't care about placing a limit on the amount you can carry. ORK does this out of the box with its 'Space/Space Limit' feature, but I find bypassing this feature affords me more control, and also leaves this feature available for if and when I decide to account for what the title suggests, namely a representation of physical space taken up by items held in a combatant's inventory. I'm waiting for the next iteration of ORK to see how it updates its inventory system before messing with this. Anyway, calculate this however you see fit. If you have a stat representing physical strength, it seems logical to tie it to how much you can carry.

4) Various Stats for displaying your weight in incremental units will handle the UI end of this system. I can't tell you what to create, but to give an idea, my system centers around Grams as a basic unit of weight, and I've created other stats to display the total number of Gram units in Ounces, Pounds and Tons for the really big, heavy things, because I can, damn it! Basically, the 'Weight_Show_Tons' stat formula divides by 900000 and rounds down. 'Weight_Show_Lbs' divides by 450 and rounds down, and the 'Weight_Show_OZ' stat multiplies the Lbs stat by 450, subtracts it from the total Gram weight and then divides by 30 and rounds. Obviously, this is a slightly modified value system for these weights, but who's really counting? You can make as many display stats as you like to account for as many discrepancies as are needed to keep track of everything in your UI.

Keep in mind that you'll probably want to create some Item stats to display the same weight increments in your description, and also keep in mind that, for stats that actually matter for defining values that other stats are required to keep track of, the order in which those stats appear on your list matters quite a bit. All 'Normal' stats are tallied first, followed by all of the 'Combined Status Values'. If you create a Combined Status Value that uses the value of another to calculate its own, you'll need to place the other stat ahead of it on your list. If you try to use 'Combined Status Value #37' in the formula for 'Combined Status Value #28', you're gonna have a bad time.