I just found that scene object cursor changes do not detect mouse hovering as long as the object with the Scene Object component is a child of another object that has a Rigid Body component.

Let's say you have a character with RigidBody and you want to interact with him. You want the mouse cursor to change when it is hovering on the character. In my experiment, it does not work, even if the Layer masks in HUD settings are properly set.
  • I'll investigate - but this would usually be up to Unity, as all ORK does is raycast the scene, if something is hit and reported back is Unity's responsibility.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • All right! However, raycasting on an object with a rigidBody component normally works in Unity...
  • I tried to reproduce the problem this morning and I can't... I must have done something wrong on my side. Sorry for that :(.
  • Yeah, can confirm that, but it's a Unity thing. The best solution is to just add a rigidbody (e.g. setting it to be kinematic) to the same object as the Scene Object component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!