edited July 2019 in ORK Support
Hello, sorry to disturb you but i came out to the point where i don't have a choice but to ask for help here x)

In Unity's Editor, i have no errors at all while playing my game, everything works fine.
But as soon as i want to build the game, either it works only once in two, either it works but when i am in the main menu and click on New Game, the game crashes when it is supposed to change scene.

When it doesn't work, here's the errors that pops out in the console :

Feel free to hit Pause so that you could check out properly any error, and thank you in advance :)

EDIT : I just found out that all my ORK game objects has no tags, are they supposed to have some like for the spawn point for example ? If that is so then i do know what's going on... I installed Opsive's Third Person Controller, which replaced all my tags by it's necessary own tags. If the spawnpoint, music player and such needs their tags could you please give me the name of the tags so that i could create it ?
Here are the new errors that made me think of tags :

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/30/3/1563921451-rtyrtey.png

Post edited by Jaiden on
  • edited July 2019
    I'm not sure what the cause of your build errors are in particular; but I can confirm that tags are probably not the issue, most of my ORK objects are tagless and we can build without issues.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited July 2019
    Did you upgrade project unity version without re-downloading ORK from store? Or did you download ORK from asset store in different version of Editor?

I think asset store has different versions of ORK depending on your unity version. So, you might have to re-download ORK from asset store while your project's unity version is open.

Those errors look like they could be due to that. Different architecture between Unity 2017, 18, 19.

Just be sure to back up your "ORKProject" file before you mess with ORK imports. It's an asset file in ORK Framework folder.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • I just hit Import again on the asset store, it changed some files but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem :(
    The weirdest part is that it's not a constant bug, it happens only sometimes and sometimes it builds without any errors (but then the built game crashes after selecting New Game)
  • Import won't help, you have to force redownload.
    I think you might need to go to
    C:\Users\[YOURUSER]\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Gaming is Love\Editor ExtensionsGame ToolkitsRPG Toolkits
    folder in your pc and delete downloaded ORK package. Then re-download.

Otherwise it could something conflicting with other plugin?
  • edited July 2019
    "All assets from this package is already on your project", i'm sorry i feel a little idiotic haha x)

For the conflicting plugin i couldn't say, i can't guess since when this errors occuried since it appears only when i hit Build, and i do that rarely uh... The last plugin i installed was Opsive's Third Person Controller

Ok now i am starting to feel depressed. I have a new problem i haven't noticed yet. Now, even in Editor mode, when i start play in the main menu scene and hit New Game, the game doesn't crash, it works but it's REALLY slow.... I made a script containing a coroutine of 1 second, that makes the Ork New Game launching when the player hit the gameobject New Game. Problem is that this Single second of coroutine isn't followed at all, the screen slooowly fades in black, changes to the secund scene and slooowly fades again...
    It used to work and i did not change the code, what's going on uh :(

EDIT : Ok, i have a hint on what happened, but i could never be able to understand how this happened...
    I launch Unity through Unity Hub, and this morning while opening it i saw that i was in the brand new version 2019.3.a07, which means that my project is currently running in an ALFA version that i never did install... Thing is, that few days ago i had to install a new version of Unity Hub, this is the only moment i could imagine where Hub has installed by itself this alfa version, replacing it by my older version (my previous version of Unity wasn't even available anymore on the list, it literally deleted it and replaced it by the alfa).

On this alfa version, they replaced Unity.UI by unity.GUI, which apparently causes many problems for many people (they gotta modify all dll/assemblies to suit it for unity.gui). How can i downgrade my Unity and get all my actual scenes values, ork values etc... back ?
    Post edited by Jaiden on
  • edited July 2019
    Previous Unity Hub versions idiotically listed alpha versions on top of all other versions, leading many to install it and working with broken test versions that are not supported by most assets (including ORK).

So, yeah, make sure to work with official Unity releases, and only upgrade to new releases after you've read here that they're already supported :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can you help me please ? I just tried to downgrade my project's version, and now not only all my scenes got emptied (i suppose that i have to replace some previous data files contained on my backup project, i just don't know what files i should replace), but now when i launch Unity i have this message :

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/30/3/1563984851-grzzzrg.png

Save me kind sir, i am kinda lost haha
  • Try continuing and remove the packages via the Unity package manager once the project opens.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok it's over i guess. I don't have the package errors so i guess that i'll just have to reinstall them. But now the console tells me that many of my newer files (animator that i made days to setup etc...) can't be loaded because they were serialized with a newer version. I guess that i'll just have to wait for the official release of the 2019.3.blahblah and pray that it will get rid of the errors even with Ork... Please just tell me that with the official release of that horrific alpha version, the errors with Ork and such will disappear, i need some hope haha
  • Would it be possible to create a wrapper class that points from Unity.UI to Unity.GUI ? As a temp fix? I never tried that but might be worth looking into.
  • I am horrific at coding, i don't know if that would work or what even is a wrapper class, even after reading something about it uh...
    May someone who knows how to code try this out, if you guys do not mind ? :o
  • Since even Unity 2019.2 isn't yet officially released, you'll probably have to wait at least until fall/winter...
    I'd try to remake the things you can't load any longer.