I really need to be able to call the submenus of the Battle Menu and not the Battle Menu itself by script that makes a button. The button-making stuff I know how to do but not the submenu calling stuff if it can be done. Is there any way to do that? Happy for answer ORK1 or ORK2 because am working with both now. ORK1 is my major concern. Thanks.
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited May 2014
    That's pretty simple - you'll need the player's character for it.

First, get the player character:

Character player = GameHandler.Party().GetPlayerCharacter();

After that you can call the battle menu and sub menus directly on the player.

Skill menu:
    player.CallSkillMenu();

Item Menu:
    player.CallItemMenu();

All in ORK 1 :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks! How about the Attack menu? Submenu of the Battle Menu. I'm trying to minimize the number of touches it takes to use the Battle Menu. Your scripts cover me for using Skills and Items but I can't seem to make a button to call the third part of the Battlemenu--Attack, enable Attack so the player needs to only hit a button on the screen to attack, not hit a button that brings up the Battle Menu and then the Attack Button.

I tried the above code and substituted AttackMenu for ItemMenu and got this error--

Type `Character' does not contain a definition for `CallAttackMenu' and no extension method `CallAttackMenu' of type `Character' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Not sure what else to do. Thanks.

I tried this in an onGUI function--

Character player = GameHandler.Party().GetPlayerCharacter();
    player.AddAction(BattleAction.NONE.true);

and got error--

Unexpected symbol `true', expecting `identifier'
  • edited May 2014
    You've made an obvious coding mistake in your second line :)

player.AddAction(BattleAction.NONE, true);

To call the attack menu, you need to use the CallTargetMenu function:

player.CallTargetMenu(BattleMenu.ATTACK, -1, 0);
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ; ) A slip of the finger and a blindness of the eye!!!

Thanks so much!
  • edited May 2014
    This seems to solve my problems! You're wonderful and of course so is ORK. The biggest problem I had was too much clicking and this seems to take care of it. ; )

My players now can really pummel the derriers of their opponents and restore their health using the icons from these scripts.

That is, they can really kicka**. ^^
  • Afterthought--will these scripts work in ORK2? Or is there a different way to do this there. This was very important to making my players happy. Thanks.
  • That's currently not in ORK 2, still on my list :)
  • edited May 2014
    Am trying to do a hybrid between the Turn based system using menus and the Hack and Slay--my players don't like menu screens in battle---your scripts seem to get me closer to what my players want. Thanks if you can do it somehow in ORK2--

They all basically say using the screens is too retro. They want instant action without having to use menus and screens. Have to try to make it work. : )
  • ORK 2 already has other means for that, like control maps (also available in ORK 1) and shortcut slots (with HUDs and also tied to control maps).
    Anyway, I can add direct calls to sub-battle menus in one of the next updates :)
  • edited May 2014
    Thank you so much for that. The direct calls to sub-battle menus would be very helpful. : ) In fact, that would be extremely necessary for me as my players like to touch icons and they don't like screens or subscreens in battle. They will suffer them but throw eggs at me.

You are Da Bomb. : ) That in USA slang means you are the best. : )

Do control maps work on ios?
  • edited May 2014
    I haven't used control maps in ORK1 not knowing much about them. Curious. : ) But they'd have to work on ios using touch.
  • Control maps use inputs to fire stuff, so I don't think they'll be of use on iOS in ORK 1.
    ORK 2 is more flexible, because you can create virtual controls :)