edited May 2014 in ORK Support
Greetings,

At first I thought maybe my settings were off but I've checked and rechecked the camera setting for 'Battle Zoom Start' and 'Battle View' against the information in the tutorial. The problem I'm having is that if I don't have the camera angle positioned nearly directly over the player's head, when the battle starts, there's a good chance that the camera will be stuck halfway into the ground and looking very 'fish eyed' for lack of better term. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks!
  • Increase the wait time before the 2nd camera change (e.g. 0.2 instead of 0.1 seconds) - most likely the first camera move is still ongoing when the 2nd camera change happens.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, well I tried that and the camera is still diving into the ground or moving into building rafters and so on. I'm not sure what the solution is. The camera, when I'm not in combat, does respond to colliders but does not do so in combat. I've thought of allowing the player to move the camera during combat. Still thinking that through.

One issue with that is once I set the 'Blocked By' to 'Camera' and not player (the camera script is on the player, not the camera in this instance), allowing the player to move the camera in combat, I noticed that it unblocked the camera from moving in all other blocked instances such as menus.

I'm not sure what the best solution is at this point.
  • The camera changes don't use colliders (and neither do the built-in camera controls), they simply move the transform around.

Blocked By in the custom controls defines with what controls a script is disabled (player or camera), the Placed On setting defines where the script is placed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright, is it possible to block the player and camera in menus and but allow the camera to move during combat? I don't see how to do that at this time but that may solve the problem of the camera moving into buildings etc.. Also, the fact the camera can move anywhere will make it problematic for dungeons and such that have confined hallways or low ceilings and so on.

Maybe if the camera could be centered behind the player at combat start and then allow the player to move the camera but still block it in menus. This would take advantage of the collision detection on the controller. I don't know, just brainstorming.

Any suggestions on the best way to handle that? Thanks again for all the help!
  • There are settings for when to block player/camera control in battles in the different battle system's settings (e.g. blocking camera control only when the battle menu is shown).

Placing/moving the camera to a position at battle start can be done in the battle start events.

If you can send me a small test project with your controls and the issues, I can look into it and maybe add options to the camera change steps to use your collision detection :)
  • Excellent! Thank you. I'll get a small test project to you as soon as I can pull one together.