• edited October 2019
    It can go one of two ways

1) 1 has started to get stuck on an action before a battle ends (I've gone back to backups and haven't changed the event so I'm unsure why lol.) so the other combatants continuously attack nothing
    2) One uses an action at the very end of battle and the battle doesn't end while the others do nothing.

To switch combatants I use the button I chose in ork to switch them! I only have it set to the current battle group so it doesn't switch to anyone currently outside of the battle.

I fixed number 1 from happening, but number 2 seems to still happen.

Another issue with switching characters I've noticed and camera events. I use a touch/mouse camera. If I have a camera event, press my button to switch characters while in the collider of an event, and leave that event, the camera doesn't come back on and stays stuck in the last position and no longer follows the player.

I jimmyrigged it by making an event that turns back on the touch camera script when I trigger exit the camera events colliders, but I'm sure there's a better way to go around this. Because now if I do that, if I switch scenes the touch camera is disabled. any idea?
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • Which battle system are you using?

I'll check out the camera events - switching the player while the player is in one of the events is probably not a use case that's caught by it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using real time!.

And okay - I figured that to be the case. Thanks for looking into it :D
  • Hm, are you using real time areas or regular Battle components?
    Also, is it always the same action that blocks the battle end or is it different actions?

Camera event will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!

It's usually any range attack. so an example being the throw fireball event. Mine is mostly the same from the tutorial (plus some spawned particles for casting). It's pretty much if they cast at the end of battle, another character kills an enemy, the cast finishes but the battle end is skipped.

No real time areas! I use combatant spawners so I can be transferred to another scene.
  • Yeah ... I'll need a Unity test project where this happens to check it out :)
  • So it hasn't been happening lately, so I'd like to see if some stuff I switched may have fixed it.

Also, I have a question about updating Ork/getting a new license.

How do things work now..? I went to the store and it said " $100 add to cart" as in $0..? It was really confusing so I held off getting new license for updates lol.
  • I guess that means you're eligible for the free upgrade due to having purchased the previous version within the grace period :)