• edited October 2019
    Hm, can you post a screenshot of your event's nodes (i.e. just the grid with the nodes, not the settings of each one)?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2019

I'd also like to know if its possible to initiate an attack outside of combat in turn based combat?
    My enemies roam around the map and start combat on sight, basically I want a HUD button the player can click that'll target and attack one of these enemies as an initiative attack and enter combat getting the first hit. It doesn't have to be an attack, I just want it to start combat and give the player first choice.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Hm, what are the ability's target settings - e.g. is this a single or group target?

Try using a Use Battle Action node with Add Action set to Next Action, that should make the selected action the next one the combatant uses when the battle systems wants the combatant so select an action. As for having the first turn, you'd need to influence the turn calculation, e.g. boosting the player's stats or set an object variable on the combatant to make sure to have the first turn.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2019
    1. It's a single target. The order of events is :
    A. Move to target
    B. When in range, rotate towards and player attack animation
    C. Calculate and do it again (It's 2 attacks in 1)

I was looking at an older version of the battle event. It's a lot more complex than it was and I gotta look through it.

2. This will work when not in combat? Basically I want the player to be able to initiate combat when the button is pressed and include any nearby enemies. I was thinking, maybe having a way of triggering the player combatants On sight battle start, if that's possible from Events?

3. Is there a way to have the target your selecting from the list of targets move the camera to them?
    Im not sure I understand why its not working. I have camera events on, and the camera is free (I use events to move the camera around) but the "Target selection" is set to "camera control target" and it's not moving the camera to the target from the list.

Edit : Lastly, I'm having an issue where the player will just randomly leave combat. I can't see any reason for it. If I walk around a bit I'll rejoin combat.</del
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • 2) Use a Search Combatants node to find enemies nearby (checking range) and use a Start Battle node to start a battle with the found combatants.

3) Using Camera Control Target in the battle camera requires the camera control to not be blocked (as it otherwise will not udpate to the new target).
  • edited October 2019
    Got the attack issues fixed... Had to re-organize the battle event, as it's pretty damn big now.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Okay so my Navmesh issues are getting worse. I don't know why but it's completely stopped working. For a while there using Nav Mesh Target : User was essentially stopping the combatant, but now they keep trying to reach their target even after their turn is over and other things are happening. It's like they never actually reach their target now.

I checked just now and I get a critical error whenever I use Nav Mesh Target : Stop...
    Miuratale
  • Yep, that's a bug - will be fixed in the next update.
    For now, you can solve it by disabling Stop, disabling To Object and enabling Stop again.
  • Thanks, I'll try out that work around in the meantime :)
    Miuratale
  • edited November 2019
    Hey, so I have this ability to spawns a prefab. but the size of the prefab changes for different enemies. How do I keep it scaled to 1 size regardless of the enemy?

Edit : I need to double check but it may be because I'm mounting the prefab
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Yeah ... mounting something will take the parent's scale into account - it's a Unity thing :)
  • edited November 2019
    A ) So I've just discovered, I think, that speed bonuses (walk/run/sprint) are ignored if you use nav mesh targets... Which is kind of a problem given that I use that for combat movement and I have abilities/status effects intended to slow down opponents.

I have a couple of questions about that.

1. Could I just use MoveAI to move the combatants to their target? IE when they move to attack the event switches their moveAI to one that hunts a target? If you use MoveAI - Nav Mesh does that ignore the Nav Mesh speed and use the combatants speed instead?

2. Is there an easy way to alter the combatants Nav Mesh Agent settings? Specifically Speed, using event nodes?

B ) I have this idea for weapons that move on a turn base (missiles/spider mines) of being part of a faction that is an enemy to everyone, but only targets the combatant that was chosen by the combatant who spawned the weapon.
    Example : Combatant A uses a spider mine and targets an enemy. The event spawns this combatant to this Enemy-to-all faction (so it can be target and destroyed by anyone) and the spider mine, on its turn it targets and moves/attacks that original target.
    Is that something I can achieve?
    I could make specific factions for each faction, like a sub-faction (Enemy-Weapon, Ally-Weapon) but the question of retaining the original target is still up in the air.

C) I'm having a loading issue where the camera control target is set to nothing. So when you load the game on this particular scene the camera doesn't follow the player
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • A) Well, using the event node will use the speed of the agent or the (optional) speed you defined in the node - there's no connection to the combatant there. Using the move AI will use the combatant's speed, though.

1) Yes, you can do that. If a combatant selects an action and is out of range, he'll use the move AI to get into use range - make sure move AI isn't blocked during battle (see the settings of the battle system you're using). NavMesh in move AI uses the combatant speed.

2) I don't think there is.

B) I think this can be done using the combatant link feature that was added in the last major update (ORK 2.26.0). See this gameplay tutorial for an example.
    Basically, you set the original target on the mine as a combatant link and have the battle AI use it as target.

C) Make sure the scene's camera is tagged as main camera and there isn't a No Camera Control component attached.
  • edited November 2019

Not too worried about fixing this just yet. But I had a save-game bug where a teammate left the active party, and the moveAI was switched to default (no-follow)

Well if you load up into that scene it has him following you again, despite not being in your active group. I guess his moveAI switches back to follow, but I thought they only follow the active group?

Also how do I add the players current inventory limit (current/max) info to the HUD or menus? I can't find that anywhere.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • I guess the question here is why is the combatant even spawned if he's no longer in the player group?

Combatant HUDs nave an Inventory Space HUD element type available for that information. To add it to a menu, add a Combatant menu part either using a HUD as a template or adding the element directly :)