• edited November 2019
    Do events have trouble playing animations if you dont use a wait?

I'm noticing that attacks will randomly skip over animation nodes and spawn prefab nodes and I'm curious if it's because things are moving too fast.

Like an attack calculates 3 times...
    So the player gets hit 3 times, so I play that animation 3 times.
    Sometimes it's fine, other times it'll skip the second and third animation and so the character is just static. sometimes it wont do the "auto animation enable" so the combatant is frozen in till they do an event that re-enables auto-animation.
    It's not game breaking, it's just creating animation oddities during combat.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • If you're using Mecanim, yes, not waiting could be the issue of an animation not playing. E.g. if the animator controller is currently in transition, it could simply ignore your call to play an animation.

However, this only affects playing the animation with Mecanim - spawning prefabs or the event shouldn't be affected by it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is there a tutorial about how to do a turn order list? I feel like I saw one a while ago...
    Miuratale
  • Hm, I don't think so - but the Turn Order HUD works pretty much like the Combatant HUD :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2019
    Ah okay! I'll mess with that.
    Is there a way to hover over items on the ground and see the name and description of the item via item collectors?

My game has an inventory limit and someone testing it brought up that its kinda annoying to have to pick something up first to know what it is~

Or, could I have an event play on pickup that just shows what the item is and asks if the player wants to add it to the inventory? That would work too.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • You can use a Tooltip HUD to display information of stuff below the mouse cursor.

Also, the item collection dialogue (set up in Inventory > Inventory Settings) is used to let the player decide to take the item or not :)
  • edited November 2019
    Quick question about that.

I can't seem to list the item collectors info on the tooltip HUD, is that not available or am I missing it?

1. So my weapons use ammo (hidden status value), which works out fine. but I have abilities that the player can use that require the weapon is equipped (and the ability is learned.) The proble with that is that I can't also add ammo as a requirement without setting to the requirements to "All" which I can't do because I list all the weapons the player is allowed to use that ability with.

Is there a way around that? / does that make sense?

for instance, some abilties are only valid if the player has a shotgun equipped. but all ranged weapon abilities use ammo.. so I'm kind of at a loss how I can work around that in the requirements
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Make sure you've enabled the Inventory Tooltips in the settings of the tooltip HUD, e.g. Item for all items, Weapon and Armor for, well, weapons and armors :)

1) You can define sub-requirements in a requirement by selecting the Requirement requirement type (man, that's a lot of requirement :D).
    Also, if you separate your different weapons (e.g. shotguns and rifles) using different item types, you can also check for the type using the Weapoin Item Type check instead of having to set up checks for all different weapons.

One more thing - if you've got the same status requirements in multiple abilities/places, make sure to use templates (set up in Base/Control > Status Requirement Templates). You can use a template via the Template requirement type.
  • You are the MVP sir, thank you
    Miuratale
  • edited November 2019

This isn't an Ork issue, but this is an issue someone had testing my demo build. Any idea what causes this?

This is a specific shader I use.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • If this only happens in a built game and not in Unity, it might be due to the project's shaderassets file getting too large. Try using asset bundles to break stuff down :)
  • Hey, any idea why my new equipment choices have tiny buttons?
    It's using the same gui box as the other combat options and none of the others do this. It's just the 'equipment' section I added.
    Miuratale
  • edited November 2019
    Is this in battle menu or in a regular menu screen?
    Equipment choices usually display the equipment part's info as a title, i.e. in front of the button. Using multiple columns for your choices might result in having not enough space to display title+button properly.
    You can remove the title in the content layout (e.g. in the battle menu item for your equipment) by setting the Title Type to None, or only display the Icon of the part.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • That worked! Thank you :)
    Miuratale
  • edited November 2019
    Okay so this one has a bunch of combatant spawners with variable conditions that need to be met. For some reason only the first 2 work. If I take away the variable condition they all work fine. I debugged it to make sure the variable is valid, and it is. So i'm not sure why this is happening.

EDIT
    : This problem resolves itself after re-entering the world map... But why doesn't it work the first time?

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale