• edited January 2020
    Thanks!
    If I forgot to turn off auto animations and that's why that's happening im gonna slap myself lol
    Edit : Forgot to put a wait after playing a mecanim animation, thus it would skip it and the enemy would go into auto-animation idle

I'm no longer using calculates, so it's all damage dealers

Is it possible to tell the speed of a character that isn't using ork for movement? And if it is or isn't in air?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Neither of those are based on ORK's player controls (or move AI), so yes, that's possible. The CombatantComponent attached to your combatant's game object has that kind of information if you want to access it via scripting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm having trouble preventing an ability from being used while jumping/midair and also i want a different control map to work while moving (attack while moving event)

I'm wondering if it's because Ork doesn't know if the player is in the air or not/moving or not with the new controller
    Miuratale
  • In Air currently only uses a CharacterController - if there is none, this will not work.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • is there a way to selectively show equipment slots?
    For example, I want my main character page to show (head/primary weapon/ secondary weapon/back/accesory)

But I want a separate window to show the weapon mod slots.
    Miuratale
  • Yes - the Equipment menu screen part can set that up via the Available Equipment Parts settings. You can either show all parts that are set up in ORK or only the defined equipment parts.

If parts that are not available to a combatant should be dispalyed (but as inactive choices) or not is handled by the Show All Parts setting in the Part Box Settings.
  • Is there a way to handle destructible environmental objects in realtime?
    Would they have to be combatants or is there another way?
    Miuratale
  • Depends on how you want them to be destroyed.

Having combatants on them would allow you to automatically incorporate them into ORK's system, being able to destory them via e.g. abilities. Otherwise, you'll have to do whatever is needed to destroy them manually.
  • I guess the downside I see to doing that is that youd have to have a combatant for every single destructible object right?

Or could I have multiple prefabs under 1 combatant?
    Miuratale
  • Well, no - you can just have one combatant for all of these objects and just use an Add Combatant component to add a combatant to different game objects in your scenes (or prefabs, for reusability).

If the destructable objects should have different HP, you could set up the combatant for multiple levels (status development) and use the appropriate level in the Add Combatant component :)
  • Ah okay! Awesome :D
    Miuratale
  • So I have 3 models for my main character I'd like to switch between based on what armor they are wearing. Is there an easy way to do that?

Like can I have the armor switch the combatants prefab?
    Miuratale
  • The easiest solution would be the combatant's Conditional Prefabs, using Armor or Armor Item Type status requirements.
  • edited February 2020
    Does this mean anything to you? I'm using a custom character controller if that helps.
    I don't know what I changed to cause this..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantAnimations.Tick () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Combatant.Tick (System.Single time, System.Single battleTime) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.CombatantHandler.Tick () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () (at <50cb5aab0a464402b875ee8c32d9fe44>:0)
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () (at <50cb5aab0a464402b875ee8c32d9fe44>:0)

Any time I start a battle action this error happens every frame and prevents me from loading up new scenes.

Edit : Well shit, this is actually pretty major. After my enemies hit me once they just start fighting me, and if i have a status effect it never goes away.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Hm ... your combatant is spawned and has a Combatant Component attached (happens automatically when spawned)?