• edited February 2020
    Yeah, it was working before but it had been awhile since I tested it.
    When it was active turn based it worked fine every time.

I just wonder if things are happening to fast?
    The player's able to attack twice in 1 second now, and it i think its not playing well with the damage events.

Like ive noticed enemies in mid-action will restart their action every single time they get hit. (going to have to adjust a few things about how their abilities work to combat that because if the enemy uses a grenade type attack it wont play the part of the event that spawns the explosion, instead they just keep spamming the beginning of the event after each hit)
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Has your battle system Death Immediately enabled?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2020
    Yeah it is. I added the ragdolls last night and used 'enable projection' and things are looking much better.

Hey is there a way I can get the "lock cursor" from first person into top down border?
    I gave the player the ability to move the camera to rotate on X axis, but for it to work well I'd need that
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Hm, either use Makinom for that, or write a small custom script that locks the cursor (e.g. in locking cursor in OnEnable and unlocking in OnDisable functions and adding it as a custom control to ORK).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2020
    hey is there a way to set variables when enemies die? essentially i want real time combat for the whole scene for a variety of reasons, but i want to spawn in enemy groups using triggers and an impassable arena.

but after a quick look i couldnt find a way to tell the game when that group was defeated so i can remove the arena and change music.

i was thinking each battle trigger could set #ofenemies var and killing each enemy would lower it, then have a custom 'end battle' event play when it reaches 0
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • There are currently 2 ways to do this:
    - the combatant's Battle Settings > Death Settings allow you to set up variable changes that will be made on the combatant's death
    - use the combatant's death event (or a general death event for all combatants) to do variable changes on death
  • edited May 2020
    I'm suddenly having issues with my locked mouse first person camera not unlocking during dialogues (or any windows)

It will unlock the mouse during menu screens, but not during dialogues of any kind.

Is there a setting I'm missing with them?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • How are you locking/unlocking the mouse?
    E.g. if it's coming from ORK's control blocks, I'd check if you're blocking control during dialogues :)
  • edited May 2020
    Thanks, I think I know what's causing it.

Although now suddenly it seems like none of my status effects are working.
    I noticed that they only seem to update whenever im doing actions, but if im standing still my rejuvenate status effect doesn't work.

I've also had issues with the fonts. Where it cuts off the bottom of most lines.
    If I choose anything above size 20 and arial it looks okay (but still cuts off g's and y's) any ideas?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited May 2020
    Are they time-based status effects, e.g. healing every X seconds? If that's the case, are you having some mechanic that changes the time scale while standing still?

What UI system are you using? Try increasing the Line Spacing of your GUI boxes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited May 2020
    The line spacing helps, but even at high values its cutting off the bottom of letters. Different fonts have it worse than others, but so far all of them have this issue at least slightly.
    This is on Legacy GUI btw.. should I switch to New?

FIXED : This was caused from Auto-Animation (enabled/disable) nodes on when auto-animation isn't used. I remember this caused multiple issues before, so this appears to be another one. Gotta make a note to delete any of these nodes.

Sometimes I feel like I'd be better off deleting alot of these old events rather than editing/tweaking them to work, but that feels like it'd be so much more work lol
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Huh ... I have no idea how auto animation could have any impact on GUI boxes, but I'm glad it's solved :D
  • Oh nono, that was in regards to the status effects not working.

Sadly the guibox issue still happens.
    I got it so that all of the text boxes are legible, but G's and Y's and anything that dips below the bottom of most letters don't show.
    Miuratale
  • Hm, have you tried adding an empty line (i.e. nust a new line) at the end of your text?
  • edited May 2020
    I've tried that too. I'm starting to wonder if it's a Unity issue and not Ork. I really don't know what caused it but it effects every single font. If you have any other suggestions I'll try them out
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale