• Hm, send me the font to contact@orkframework.com and I can do some tests with it. Maybe with some info on your GUI box setup as well, e.g. font size, content box bounds, etc. :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey, I'm having issues with revival.

So I have my player dueling someone, I want it so that regardless of if they win or lose the game continues.

I have my death event set to play a global event
    the global event teleports the player, sets their HP to 1, and then revives.

But it doesn't look like it's working. I can't input any commands, and if I check the scene it shows the player character as "Is Dead = True"
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Oh, this needs the 'cancel death' event.

SOLVED
    Miuratale
  • Also, in regards to game over - that'd only happen if you actively call for it in your battle end event (or when using the Auto Game Over setting in field/real time areas, see the game over settings in the game settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2020
    So I've been in a constant battle with interrupting animations since I've started.

Here's what I've figured out.

1. If you try to interrupt a battle event with a new one (Such as for dying or stunlock animations) it will try to play the event over-top of the other, and of course conflicts can happen. If your current event ends before the battle event, this will lead to the battle event 'winning'

2. This leads to the situation where, if your death event plays an animation, but your battle event ends with "enable auto animation" your death event is overriden with that. So your dead character will now begin animating again.

3. "End battle action" seems to have no effect on this. My death event starts with "End battle action" but does not seem to be consistent. So my combatants will sometimes go back to auto animation after the death event ends because that's how every battle event ends. It seems to be 50/50 on whether or not the combatant 'stays dead'. Sometimes the death animation wont even play, the combatant instead will just stand their frozen in place.

My conclusion is to add a check before any animation (is the combatant alive?), but i'm just wondering if there's a faster way, as I'd have to remake all of my ability events which would be a fairly time consuming task. But I feel like it's necessary. Ragdolls aren't working out, and my combat system definitely needs stunlock to feel good.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Only certain nodes are executed in a stopped event, mostly mode changes (e.g. block/unblock controls) and except for the Mecanim Animation node, it shouldn't include any wait times, i.e. a stopped event would be over immediately (or maybe next frame).

The End Battle Action node will just end the action after that running event and not use any other battle events that might be used (by that action) afterwards. If you want to stop all actions of a combatant, use the Stop Battle Actions node.

How are you interrupting actions in your setup?
  • edited August 2020
    I start the death event with Stop Battle Actions+Stop movement+Stop Navmesh, but all my characters do use Mechanim, is that where the issue is?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • From the event-stopping perspective, only if you're using the Mecanim Animation node - if you're just using the regular combatant animations via the animation type, that shouldn't really be an issue.
  • Yeah, I use mecanim animation for pretty much everything. Do I need to tell Ork how long each animation is?
    Miuratale
  • If you want to use wait times, yes - recent features made that a bit easier, as you can now find the time via the animation clip name (even easier if the animation clip's name is the state name).
  • edited August 2020
    I solved this by making a 'death prefab' that has no components other than an animation controller with a death animation. I spawned it as a prefab on the frame before deleting the combatant.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited September 2020
    new question, alot of my enemies use guns, and I just realized that the bullets do not deal damage if the attacker is dead, is there an easy way to fix that?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Enable Dead User Calculation in the ability's base settings to allow dead combatants still dealing damage with an ability.