edited May 2014 in ORK Support
Hi-

I am new to Ork. I have a custom character that comes as a mesh, and then a series of animations. I have set up the legacy animations in the animation menu for idle - run - walk, but what ties that to the actual animation sets i have for the model?

Also when using a custom model for my player he falls through my levels, but I don`t see how to add a rigidbody to him like I would traditionally as he is spawned by ork, not an asset i can add controllers to?

Thanks
Rob
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • at a loss here... Saw this post from earlier:

If you mean by 'falling' character, that your player is falling through the ground, that can have the following issues:

- the prefab doesn't have a collider, so there is nothing stopping him when he hits the ground

I have tried box collider with is trigger checked and not checked.

> add a collider or character controller (depending on your controls, e.g. ORK's built-in controls use a character controller).

Tried adding an additional character collider to no avail

- the prefabs root position (i.e. X=0, Y=0, Z=0 in the prefab's local space) isn't at the feet of the character - the root position is what's placed at the spawn point, so he will spawn in the ground and fall through it ... this can be solved by either adding a spawn offset in the combatant's settings, or by changing the root position in a 3D modelling program.

Ive tried changing the Y root position to -1 -2 -3 with no look

- the ground has no collider, so everything will fall through it :)

The ground is a terrain i created, it has a terrain collider on it, have tried trigger checked and not checked.

I read on another forum that someone recommended creating a cube and seeing if player falls through that as well, it does. The thread suggested that meant it was an issue with the prefab.

I also have the model mesh set to generate colliders....

At a loss at this point :/

• Another note. If i take my prefab and place him in the scene and drop him, playing that scene directly instead of going through the main menu, he drops, hits the terrain and stops / falls down. It`s only going through the main menu of my game that my character for some reason will fall through the terrain every time.
  • Got the falling resolved...

When using a custom character do NOT try using a box collider / rigid body, go straight to the character controller :D Worked like a charm..

If anyone can tell me how to tie my animations in that would be great!
  • Figured out the animations too. Had to remove the MaleCharacter@ in front of the animation name... Hopefully this post can help some other noobs.
  • So, everything solved? :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes this can be marked solved and hopefully help someone else out getting started down the road.