SK1SK1
edited October 2019 in ORK Support

Can ORK make a turn-based card battle game in the game?
Like the round card in the picture. 3D or 2D.
Turn this round battle into a duel game with NPC.
Post edited by SK1 on
  • Hm, probably ...

I see 2 possible options here:
    - the cards are the combatants
    - the cards are abilities and items, so your battle menu is handling the cards

I'd say this is only possible if your main battle system isn't turn based, as that would allow you to use a different battle menu/setup. E.g. if cards are abilities/items, you can keep them out of the regular battles via limiting the battle menu to certain ability/item types.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited October 2019
    1. I added the "round battle" to the NPC's sub-objects. After the dialogue with the NPC is completed, I will fight once. But after the battle is completed, I can't fight if I choose the battle again. How can I repeat the dialogue and fight? Delete the combat object once in battle?
    2. I canceled: destroy the object, but the battle object will still be destroyed after the battle is completed.

Post edited by SK1 on
  • Make sure Use Scene ID is disabled if you want a battle to be repeated.

If enabled, the battle will be marked as finished in the game and will no longer be available. Finished battles can be reset using a Change Scene ID node in events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited October 2019
    Hello

1. I want to add the "card card warrior" to the new faction "card" and add it to the main menu to view the card warrior's attribute value.

2. How to automatically randomly birth 3 card warriors from "Activate Player Group" and new faction "Card" at the beginning of each turn.

3.Card duel: After the battle with the NPC triggers the battle, how to turn these cards into monsters, and be born in the battle scene for control, but not born players.

Post edited by SK1 on
  • 1) Hm, this is probably best done using the Bestiary functionality, see Game > Game Settings > Bestiary Settings.
    You can add/remove combatants that are known using the bestiary nodes available in the event system (Add > Game > Bestiary).
    The known combatants can be dispalyed using one of the Bestiary menu screen parts.

If you want to have actual combatants avaialble to the player and not just display information, you'd need to have them join your group, or use a 2nd player group using a different group ID.

2) Hm, that might be a bit hard ...
    My best guess would be using the Turn Start Events of combatants to do that.

3) Depends on how these cards are stored. Generally, I'd say this should be done either in the game event of the NPC or in the battle start event.
  • SK1SK1
    edited October 2019
    Pick up a card, add it to the monster illustration, then join the player group ID1, join the battle group ID1. When the battle starts, use "Spawn group member ID1" can not be born card warrior?

Post edited by SK1 on
  • In the beginning of the battle, after using "Change Activation Group ID1", both the ID1 Warrior and the id0 Warrior appeared. But id1 warrior can't control, id0 automatically becomes ai control.
    When the battle is completed, return to the main scene, the player becomes id1, id0 disappears, enter the battle again, only id1 can be controlled. It is normal, what is the reason?
  • SK1SK1
    edited October 2019
    Hello, the above problems have been solved.

New question:
    There are 10 combatants in the player group id1.
    I want to have two combatants randomly at each stage of the battle, and the other two cannot be manipulated and selected. In the next stage, two combatants will appear randomly from 10 inside. How should this be done?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • Or ask you to answer this question: There are 10 skills now, just enter the first round of the fight, from the 10 skills, randomly appear 2 skills, and then each round of two skills, the use of special cards can be taken from 1 to 4 skills, or discard 1 to 4 skills.
  • It's probably best to use shortcut slots for this.

The battle menu has the Shortcut Slot type to display content of shortcut slots. To randomly have abilities stored in these slots, you can use an event.
    E.g. use a Random node together with Change Shortcut nodes.
  • SK1SK1
    edited October 2019
    Hello,
    1. why is this set, "Automatically allocate slots" does not work? Is it automatically and randomly assigned all skill skills to the shortcut bar each time?

What I want to do is random: If there are 4 cards, each time randomly extracts 2 from these 4, then the combination of 4 cards is 16 kinds. If it's 10 cards, it's 100 combinations. Every time you use a card, you'll remove a slot and check it out. Do you use "Change Slots"? Is there an easier way? Can you add one to this and change the function of the slot randomly?

Post edited by SK1 on