edited May 2014 in ORK Support
The problem:

When I would start the game and spawn my player, it would fall through the terrain.
Everything is there, collider on terrain, spawn position etc.. Even the Unity 3rd Person character controller falls through.

Solution: Once I gave up character controls in ORK and left them to the prefab and UNCHECKED Place on ground in the spawn point Inspector.

What I don't understand: Place on ground = place on ground / terrain correct? Maybe the two "variables" for ground dont match so they go different ways when on??

I'm not sure how that fixes the problem if the terrain is ground. Once its unchecked I can run around and my character script performs perfectly.

FIXED AGAIN AND NOW I UNDERSTAND -- BENEATH the check mark box is a section that refers to WHAT it can go through, say nothing.
Post edited by artainx on
ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Also, spawning stuff (e.g. the player) will place them with their root position (i.e. the local position X=0, Y=0, Z=0) at the spawn point. If that root isn't at/below the feet of the model (e.g. in the center of it) it will spawn in the ground and fall through it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • old topic, but thank you! :)
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.