edited May 2014 in ORK Support
First of, loving this plug in. Making huge advances in a short amount of time. One thing I am really stuck on is generating a high quality looking AI. No matter what i try or what i import the GUI is extremely pixelated and blocky including the fonts. Anyone had success making the GUI look professional?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • It's pretty easy to get the GUI to professional standards, but GUI visuals are generally handled by Unity, not ORK; so you may need to look into how to utilize Unity GUIskins. Also make sure that your imported images are being properly imported (non-power-of-two image scaling, etc)

Which aspects of GUI are you having trouble with, specifically? What are you referring to when you say you're having trouble creating a high-quality AI?

Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Thanks for the response Kirb.

I`m newer to both unity and Ork at this point. I can design my own GUI graphics in photoshop easily enough, but ive tried messing with the existing graphics or importing some of the nicer GUIs in the asset store and both look like garbage in the game itself. I could see setting up the initial menu through unity and ignoring ork, but that sounds like a slippery slope when you start talking about dialog, stores etc... I`ll look into the non power of 2 image scaling.. Maybe thats part of the issue.
  • Try setting a higher Default Screen Size in Game > Game Settings - ORK will (by default) stretch all GUI stuff to the screen size.

I haven't had any issues with bad image quality due to ORK, it's mostly wrong import settings :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok so, default screen size was fine, but i had to turn the scaling completely off on GUI options. That was the first key step, after that it was lots of trial and error of tweaking settings with the gui editor to get padding and spacing right for the particular skin....

Mark solved. Thanks