edited November 2019 in ORK Support
I'm trying to get Invector working with ORK and so far it's working well, but with a couple of issues. I am actually using the Ootii camera controller wrapper and just the Invector vBasicController so far. I plan to add the requisite attack, use, cast, etc triggers to this basic controller so that it can still function in battles correctly.

The main issue I'm facing right now that I don't have a clue how to solve is that I want to be able to prevent player input in menus. And if I'm using turn based combat then the movement input should also be blocked there as well. But I have no idea where I can tell ORK to block this controller input. I see where it's done for the camera, but not the player controller.

Is there any guidance on this part anywhere?
Post edited by tomjscott on
  • edited November 2019
    I figured it out. I just needed to add another Custom Control with vThirdPersonInput as the Behaviour Name and that allows me to block it.

Also added one for vThirdPersonController.

Still seems to be some tweaks needed, but I'll see if I can get it working smoothly.
    Post edited by tomjscott on
  • @tomjscott Hi! I'm looking into using Invector with ORK to create an RPG with real-time action battles. How's your experience been so far with combining them?
  • @TenToes I never finished the integration, but it was working mostly OK. I have decided against using ORK because it didn't suit the style of game I was making. Although ORK has the ability to do somewhat less structured areas, it is best when used as a turn-based system. And I felt it was too rigid for what I needed.
  • @TenToes have you had any experience using invector for real-time action battles?
  • @ractre No, I have switched over to Godot from Unity. But Invector should be good for those from what videos I've seen
  • @TenToes thanks and good luck with Godot, nice game engine :)