Eg. 1 combatant is placed at center, 2 combatants are placed each side of center.

It is eaiser to use pokemon as example. A trainer will have some pokemons, but only 1 or 2 will join the battle and the rest are waiting. Pokemons will be places at different positions in battle scene depending on number.

Basically, if you meet one trainer then it is 1 vs 1. If you meet two then it's 2 vs 2. But there may be other conditions, not only trainer number.

I have checked default battle spot setting, spot of combatant group, spot of battle component and some position node in event, but can't figure out a way to do this.

The battle is in another scene so I can't set game objects in battle scene to the spot of battle component in the field scene.

Any help?
  • I'd say there are currently 2 ways to set this up:

1) Use the Own Spots setting in Battle components to define spots per battle.

2) Use the Own Battle Spots setting in combatant groups (Combatants > Combatant Groups) to define spots for group members
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1) Spots in Battle components use game objects. But the battle is in another scene. How to set game objects in battle scene to the battle component in field scene? I've tried, and just error in runtime.

2) The spots setting in combatant groups is for defined enemy group right? But the group size and member for player are always change during runtime. How to use this setting in runtime?
  • 1) Make them child objects of your battle's game object - they should be transported over to the new scene as well.

2) Ah, yeah, for the player group that wouldn't work.
    Another way I can think of would be changing the battle spot's position in the battle start event. E.g. first use a Check Group Size node to check if the player's battle group size equals 1 and use a Change Position node to change the Waypoint object Player Spots.
    The default battle spot setup would be for 2 (or more) combatants.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Didn't realise the usage of waypoint. I will use the start event method. Thank you.
  • Well, new problem for the event node. It seems the Change position node can only change ALL spots to the same position. I didn't find anywhere to set different spots.
  • I think you guys could make a new feature for this, which is setting different spots for different number of spawned combatants.
  • @gamingislove i tried using Move Position to move battle spots but if i change even one of them, all are changed.

These are my settings

If i select use local space then all spots are placed on a different position than i set. If i deselect local space then the position is correct but all battle spots are put at the same position.

What to do here.
  • Yeah, the battle start/end events only have all of them in a list - but you can access them individually using selected data:
    - use a Select Game Object node with Use All Objects enabled to store all spots into selected data
    - use a Select Selected Data node to get the first from that list (and remove it from the list)

The next update will add a formation feature that'll make this easier.
  • gamingislove said: Yeah, the battle start/end events only have all of them in a list - but you can access them individually using selected data:
    - use a Select Game Object node with Use All Objects enabled to store all spots into selected data
    - use a Select Selected Data node to get the first from that list (and remove it from the list)
    I Tried to use this method to manually place battlespots based on combatant count in a group, but the event doesn't work right. After some testing it seems that the select selected data doesn't actually removes the record after storing it.
  • Hm, yeah ... seems to be a bug, will be fixed in the next update.