edited May 2014 in ORK Support
Greetings.

I want to set up a player party at game start so I can test multiple classes at one time. For example - a fighter, a mage, and a rogue or something of that sort. Is it as simple as adding the various combatants to the startEvent (E.g. adding a 'Join Active Group' for each as well as a 'Spawn Player' for each)? Or is there more to it then that and are they any 'gotchas' I'm missing.

Thanks again!
  • To have more combatants in your player party, simply add them using the Join Active Group step. If you want them to also be spawned in the field, you need to set it up like this in Game > Game Settings in the Player/Group Settings.

You don't need a Spawn Player step for each combatant, as this would only spawn the player combatant (i.e. the leader of the player group) multiple times (and destroying the previous one).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the guidance on that. I now have my second combatant in the scene. I can interact with each combatant in the main menu (gear them, etc.) but when I enter combat I have a couple of issues: 1.) I'm using the default tutorial UI for the moment. The player HUD in the lower right of the screen has the two combatants' UI stacked one on top of the other. 2.) the battle menu never comes up once it's the player's turn. I see both my combatants in the battle, one even counter attacked. I'm using Active Time Battle if that makes a difference?

I'm not sure where to look to remedy this.

Thanks!
  • 1) Use the Combatant Offset setting to move the HUDs away from each other.

2) That's strange, check if the player has any status effects on him that would prevent him from action. That's best done by selecting the player's game object in the scene and looking at the inspector - there's detailed information on his status :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok right now I'm using the initial tutorial Combatant Offsets (in HUD Settings, correct?) settings of X: 0 Y: -50. I'm not sure how I would adjust. The combatants automatically 'stack' correctly in other usages, such as which combatant uses a potion or such. But that is out of combat.
  • Yeah, HUDs are somewhat special/difficult ... it's like that:

X > 0 will move the next combatant to the right.
    X < 0 will move the next combatant to the left.
    Y > 0 will move the next combatant down.
    Y < 0 will move the next combatant up.

The first combatant will be displayed at the position of the used GUI box, the others will be placed based on that. Since the tutorial HUD is at the bottom right corner, you should use a negative Y offset to move the next combatants upwards.
  • Hmm, I only see one set of offsets? Do I need to make a player HUD for each player?
  • On the combat side, a couple of things are happening: 1.) In Turn Based combat my second combatant is only auto attacking, not allowing me to select his abilities. 2.) In Active Combat: I see that my second player and one enemy both have turn set to a value of 1. So maybe they are in conflict with which one goes next and not allowing the combat to progress?
  • edited May 2014
    Ok, found one issue and solved it (doh on my part). Second player was set to AI controlled. My bad there ;D. Still working on the others things.

In HUDs > HUD Settings > Combatant Type: Set it to 'Individual' so I could at least see them. (I also checked the 'Enemy' check box as well just for more information.) My player two, the mage, has a HUD, my player one, the fighter and party leader does not have a HUD... so I know I am definitely missing something on my end. Just not sure what that is.
    Post edited by Squeaker on
  • In the Combatant HUD, make sure (when using Group) to disable Only Leaders. I think I'll need to see your settings to help you :)
  • Ok, I'll send you my ORKProject file. Thanks :)