In my game, I have an Inventory Menu screen that is docked in the HUD. So, it's a menu screen because I needed the functionalities of an inventory (shortcuts weren't enough), but it looks like a HUD because it is permanently displayed.

However, when the player presses a button, he can display the Equipment screen, which adds another screen next to the Inventory to display the character's equipment. My problem is that when this Equipment menu appears, the focus is lost on the Inventory menu and my item icons become darker. In the context of my game, this is not needed because I want the 2 menus to work together (you can drag an item from the Inventory menu to the Equipment menu).

So, is there a way to force the Inventory menu to stay focused all the time? Also, where is the setting that makes the icons darker when they are out of focus? Maybe I could just change that colour to some white diffuse to alleviate the issue...
  • Generally, only one UI can have focus at a time, so if you open a new menu, that menu's GUI box will have focus for menu controls.

What you're looking for is the Inactive Colors settings, which change the color of an unfocused GUI box so that the player knows it's not focused. The default settings for all GUI boxes can be found in Menus > Menu Settings > Default GUI Box Settings > Default Inactive Colors.
    Each GUI box can override the default settings in the Override Default Settings > Inactive Colors of the GUI box.

So, if you want to disable this for all GUI boxes, disable Set Color in the default settings - otherwise just do that in the GUI box of that menu :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!