edited May 2014 in ORK Support
how can get the npcs to follow the waypoints i setup for them they go to waypoint 1 and 2 but never go to 3 and 4 they just seem to be walk from 1 and 2 and stoping alot in between
Post edited by canibecooltoo on
  • If you've enabled Random Order in the inspector (where you've added the waypoints), the NPC will randomly select the next waypoint and may skip some of them.
    Also, if no object is added to the waypoint, there is no waypoint to go to :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok random order isnt selected I used empty gameobject for the waypoint the npc now just changes waypoint every 4 secs and never touches the actual waypoint random waypoint is not on patrol is off and combatant radius is not on but if on does the same
  • I want it to touch the waypoint first then move on to next one
  • I guess mobs that spawn from spawners changes waypoints randomly and mobs added to the scene follow waypoints as they should
  • Ok now its following the waypoint path now but I had to attack it runaway for it to follow the waypoints and it stoped doing the random any way to get it to follow the waypoint without encountering first
  • Check your Stop Distance setting in the waypoint settings of the move AI. It's a safety setting to prevent jittering when the object is near the target position (e.g. when it would move to far because it's moving to quick and has to run back).

It doesn't matter if they're spawned by spawners or are added to the scene - following the waypoints uses the same functionality. But keep in mind that they'll also act according to other settings (e.g. hunting the player) that will interfere with waypoints. Also, if you're using Real Time Battle Areas, they'll also be influenced by their battle AI.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok thats good to know didnt know that those also effected it