edited May 2014 in ORK Support
So I am having a few problems with the mecanim animation system. First off I am using a slightly altered animator controller from the character system asset. The characters movements works on 3 axis. AxisX controls the strafe of the character, and should range between -1 (left strafe) and 1 (right strafe). AxisY controls the forward/backward motion and should range between -1(walk backwards) and 1(walk forwards), and MouseX controls the turning of the character -1(left turn) to 1(right turn). My problem is that when I use ORK's option the set the horizontal axis to AxisX, any movement sets AxisX to 6(the character move speed). Similarly I cant get a consistent -1 to 1 ratio with AxisY either. How do have ORK pass in exactly the -1 to 1 value of horizontal and vertical input? Another problem im having is that when I use ORK to set up start and stop paramaters to activate my attack tree, It sets the bool Attack1 to true when the attack button is pressed(the input button is set to hold) but when it is released or even pressed repeatedly, the stop parameter never sets Attack1 bool to false. the character continually attacks until I manually uncheck Attack1 in the animator. The attack animation tree is set to stop on exit time but it continually restarts as Attack1 is still true when it exits the animation. I have racked my brain and exhausted every avenue trying to understand what I may be doing wrong. Is this a know bug that I am missing or something?
  • I am also having a problem setting up a secondary attack, I have set up an input key called special which is mapped to the "e" key. I have an animation type called special, and an animation with parameters to initiate the kickcombotree of the controller by setting the Attack2 bool variable in mecanim to true. but when I press "e" nothing happens at all.

• I guess in your case it's better to use your own Mecanim control scripts instead of ORKs. You only need to set up the animations you want ORK to be able to fire (e.g. to animate abilities).

ORK doesn't call the animation's stop unless you do it in an event yourself. The Stop Parameters of mecanim animation settings aren't called automatically when the animation played once - there's currently way (that I know of) to get the needed information out of mecanim to do that (i.e. I have no idea how long an animation will be playing in mecanim).

A secondary attack also needs an ability to fire. Create an ability for the attack, add it to your player's combatant and use control maps to bind the key to the attack (and add the control map to the player's combatant). Also, the ability needs to be animated using battle events to fire your animations.

If you haven't looked into them, I'd recommend going through the game tutorials, they explain all basics of ORK Framework.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!