edited January 2020 in ORK Support
I have an event that fires on status effect apply. I have the event set as a blocking event but I am still able to issue commands to other players while it is ongoing, and they execute those commands immediately, while the event is still executing.

Is there a way to tell the status effect event to stop everything else while it is running?

Edit: Would there also be a way to control when this event fires? I want it to execute after all current active battle events are complete, but before any new ones execute. And I don;t want other events to execute while it is ongoing.
Post edited by mattehr on
  • Blocking events are only for interactions and also only block other blocking events. The only way I see the event blocking other stuff would be setting the time scale to 0, but that'd also block the event if it's time based :)

What are you trying to do/what's your goal?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So when a certain status effect is applied, i want to have a focus animation on the player with the effect showing them "powering up" so to speak.

it actually works fairly well, as i am disabling active time in the event, its just that if another player already has their battle menu showing, then I can select an attack and it executes immediately, even during the event.

Now I could certainly do something with disabling the input or whatever, but the UX I am looking for is that i could still select an action, and it just wouldnt execute until this event is done.
  • edited January 2020
    Hm, I'll check it out - maybe an option to not start actions if ATB progression is disabled.

Edit: Next update will change this behaviour and also block actions from starting :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!!!
  • Confirmed works