I made some very simple UI prefabs (canvas, raw image with color=black and alpha 50%). I added these to my content and name sections of GUIBoxes. They look fine when they appear on the screen, but I get the following sporadic issues:

1) when changing scenes, the UI pool draws the old UIs on the screen (only prefab boxes not text/content).
2) sometimes when a UI appears, and then disappears, the prefabs (only, not text) gets recentered to the middle of the screen and begin to 'stack' atop each other and never turn off.

Am I doing something wrong? I see that the layers are still active in the "UI Pool" gameobject under the ORK object. Should these be automatically deactivated or moved off screen?

My prefabs only consist of a Canvas with a Raw Image sized to fit various items. So my dialogue content box is 1000x500 which is same size as the raw image within the canvas of the associated prefab UI.
  • You did nothing wrong, I also encountered the same problem. Mine is after GameOver. Turn off the GameOver option and it will be fine.
  • Where are the GUI boxes used before they should go back to the pool? E.g. are they in a HUD, a menu or a dialogue?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • In first scene (after main menu), the auto event uses a few Show Dialogue with Auto Close. These sometimes work fine and sometimes they close and then reappear in center of screen (not the location defined by GUI Box) and start stacking.

Then the event does a "Load Scene" action to second scene. Sometimes these dialogue boxes appear on the second scene in center of page again. Also in the second scene, the area notifications doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When the area notification does work, it closes and then sometimes reappears in middle of screen to stack atop anything else that reappeared in center of screen.
  • Alright, will do some tests - are the auto close dialogues closed before the scene change?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes. Autoclose are closed before scene change and I'm also calling the hide all dialogues (forgot the function name) before calling the load scene function.
  • Hm, did some tests and not happening here at all.

Could you send me a small Unity test project where it happens to contact@orkframework.com? Would just need it with your GUI box assets and the events (and the scenes that are used), so you could remove any non-UI assets to keep it small.