I have a dialogue box that opens with scaling but the name box usually appears empty in-game.
The name still appears when 'fade' and 'move' are used, and I've tried experimenting with different settings for 'scale' and it doesn't ALWAYS appear empty. If a curve is not used and the start scale is 0.5, the name appears fine. If it starts at 0, it doesn't appear at all - and at 0.2 it appears with a slight cutoff near the right. This suggests it's an issue with the bounding of the text itself but I can't for the life of me figure out how it connects to scaling or how to fix it.
An option is of course to just use a different opening behavior or start from a 0.5 scale, but I'd like to investigate options before settling.
  • Where's that GUI box used and which UI system are you using?

Also, is there an actual name that should be displayed in the name box or shouldn't it be dispalyed?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's used in a 'show dialogue' event as a message using Legacy GUI.
    I'd like the name to be displayed, as defined in the event settings under 'actors'.
  • I'll do some tests.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yep, can confirm this - will be fixed in the next update :)