edited January 2020 in ORK Support
1. In my items menu, I have a combatant list displayed, which I would like to use as the combatant selection for when I use an item, but I cant figure out how to make that happen.

2. In my item list, I am using the bu8tton states to do some highlights, but i notice than when i am scrolling up through the list the highlight is flashing on list items that i don't have selected.

3. On initial load the description box is showing the description for the item type, not from the selected item, even though it is setup to go right to the item list.

4. Last one: Is there any way to set the icon size for choice icons?
Post edited by mattehr on
  • 1) I don't think that's currently possible, I'll look into it.

2) If you're using the new UI, that's just how it is, as that'll automatically show the highlighted state if the cursor is over it.

3) I'll look into that.

4) You mean the icon showing the selected choice? No, that'll just use the size of the used texture, so you'll have to increase the actual image's size for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For 1) I could create it as a combatant selection, but I just want it displayed when the menu opens, then focused when the item is used.

2) Hmm, this is when controlling it with arrow keys and no cursor nearby.

3) Cool thx!

4) ok thanks, ill work around it:)
  • for 1, i dunno what i was thinking i just made an empty combatant selection of the same dimensions and overlaid it on my existing one. This is likely the best solution barring significant changes tot he framework.

It raised another question, though. When i am selecting a player to use a healing item on, it seems that a bunch of status previews are being updated event though the item in question does not modify any of those stats.
  • It doesn't matter if something would modify a stat or not, if something that can cause a status preview is selected, it'll calculate a preview for combatants :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How do I tell what would cause a status preview or not. For example the item in question just heals some lost hp, see screenshot:

But int he item menu this item updates the ATK and DEF attributes

Before item selection:

After item selection:

ATK and DEF are calculated status values, but i am missing how increasing HP would affect those.
  • Are you sure the preview is from the item?

Generally, every item, ability, equipment and some other things will cause a status preview - basically everything that can change a combatant's status in any way (also an unlearned ability).
  • edited February 2020
    hmm, so the number changes when I select the item to use on a combatant. Before that the box showing the combatants is not in focus, could that be affecting it?

edit: i just noticed when i cancel out tot he item type selector, from the item list, the numbers also update
    Post edited by mattehr on
  • Hm, hard to tell what's going on without knowing anything about your setup ... I'd probably need a small Unity test project to see what's going on.

Is the cursor over something else that could cause a preview?