edited January 2020 in ORK Support
Hi,

I might be missing something obvious here, but how do I make sure damage dealers won't hit the user or users faction?

I have a fireball spell that spawns a prefab and the prefab has a damage dealer on it. But as the user casts the spell the prefab instantly hits the user and gets destroyed.

Edit: Need to specify, it doesn't deal damage to the user, just collides with it. As I want the fireball to get destroyed on collision with walls etc.
Post edited by pesukarhu on
  • edited January 2020
    I'm curious about this myself.. the only solutions I could find are spawning it further away (avoids self collision), or having it pass through people (hitting any enemies on the way)
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Well ... that's up to Unity's collision system. If you spawn it in something it can collide with, it'll collide with it.

You'd have to set that up in Unity's physics settings, preventing the layers of combatant and prefab from colliding with each other.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!