I was wondering if there is a way to make it in script to give a player exp.

I wrote my own custom code for ork to link to my custom 2d controller and in my code I manually deal damage to the enemy during a real time combat. For some reason the enemy dies using the orkframework death system, but the exp is not being given to the combatant. So is there a way to manually give exp in code using the api.
  • The exp would only automatically be given if the combatant dies in a running battle and you collect the battle loot/gains, either at death or in a battle end event.

You can manually give exp by adding the value to the combatant's status value of the exp:
    combatant.Status[id].AddValue(exp, false, false, true, false, true, true, null);
    id is the ID/index of the status value, exp the experience that should be added (int value).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So the reason I had asked about the adding custom exp was I am using ream time battles in my project. For my battles I am using the Real Time Battle Area. In the documentation it says these do no run the battle end or battle start events. Because of this I wasn't sure where to do the collect gain.

For real time battles using the Real Time Battle Area component how would I add exp to a player on the death of an enemy.
  • Check out the Battle Gains Collection settings in Battle System > Real Time Battles. For area battles, you'll want to enable Collect Immediately to have a combatant's loot and exp be collected when they die instead of the end of a battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I have the option turned on already, but nothing. I checked to make sure enemy has an exp value in his stats and he does. Is there any other thing that I need in my scene for it to count as a battle. I have a real time battle arena in. When looking at the character GUI for the combatant component it shows him in battle. I am using the arena without a collier since that is supposed to make the whole scene a real time battle.

I am not sure what else I could be missing. If I do the exp gain by code it works in reading the enemies exp stats.
  • I guess collecting loot and experience is also enabled - what about Show Gains? And how is your Loot Dialogue set up in Battle System > Battle End settings?

Might be that the gains are collected, but just not shown.