edited May 2014 in ORK Support
I'm having trouble with object collision in real time combat. I have an enemy that shoots projectiles. If I set the damage dealer on the projectile to destroy on collision it is immediately destroyed and gives me the error:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you
are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should
not destroy the object.

I've tried setting the z offset of the projectile so I could make sure it wasn't colliding with the enemy that shoots it and it didn't make any difference. I tried all sorts of different combinations of settings for the damage dealer component and nothing makes a difference, except turning off on collision.

Similarly I had an object with an event attached that was set to start on trigger enter and start by other and the event just starts as soon as the object is spawned.This is also causes the problem of enemies being able to shoot through walls. My suspicion is that objects are somehow colliding with themselves.If I turn off the collider then it travels normally, but can't affect anything.
  • Can you send me a small test project?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was going to send you a test project, but when I was doing some last minute testing the collision started working! I deleted the old combatant spawner area and put in a different one, among some other small changes so I'm not really quite sure what fixed it. I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow, but hopefully the issue was just some problem with how the enemies where spawning or some other small thing.
  • Sorry, after more testing it showed up again. I sent you an test project. Thanks!