edited March 2020 in ORK Support
I'm following "Game Tutorial 06: Let there be music". I added a Music Player to the menu. But when I try to do the same to the Town or Field I get an error message:

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
OrkFramework.Editor.SceneObjectHelper.AddToSelection[T] () (at :0)
OrkSceneWziard.OnGUI() :0)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at :0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Do I need to have something special selected in the Hierarchy? I'm uncertain what I'm doing wrong here, in the Menu, it just got added with no errors.
Post edited by Thunderstump on
  • Hm, that's strange - are you using Create Object or Add Component in the scene wizard?
    Also, which Unity version are you using, and check if your ORK version is for that Unity version (Editor > About in the ORK editor).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh wow, I feel silly. You're right! I had no idea there were 2 identical menus. For some reason the one under "Add Component" was not grayed out when I switched to the new scene. Taking the one under "Create Object" worked much better. Thanks. :)

My unity Version is 2019.2.15f1 Personal. I just took the newest one. Is it advisable to try to revert to an older version of Unity?
  • edited February 2020
    Nah, ORK works with any version since 5.6 up to 2019.3 :)
    The only thing to keep in mind when changing versions is that you potentially have to reimport ORK with a compatible version (and since the asset store doesn't allow redownloading it, you'll have to delete ORK from where the asset store saves assets outside your project).

There are different versions for 5.6, 2017 and 2018/2019 available, the asset store will download the version compatible with your Unity version.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!