Hello, everyone. What's the best way to show my Player's name in dialogues that was changed using the input node and Set Combatant Name node? Using the text code for player name just shows the default name. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!!
  • Since there is no text code for the player name, I assume you're using a text code for a combatant name - this'll use the name defined in the combatant settings.

If you want to use the name of an actual combatant/game object in your scene, you need to set it up as an actor and use the actor name text code.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Both the combatant name and actor name text codes show the default combatant name in the corresponding index. Maybe I need to use and change variables?
  • Hm, that's strange - could you post the text code you're using?

If the text code is correct, you probably changed the name of the wrong combatant (or your setup is wrong :D).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!