Hi,

I have an equipment menu where I want to click on armor equipments to unequip them. The way I found to make that work it to use "Show Equip Box", then choose a GUI box with "At cursor" checked", then choose "First" for "Add Unequip Button", then in Drag and Drop Settings, choose "Enable Clicking", and finally, "1" for Click count.

This way, when I click on a body part, an Unequip button conveniently appear close to where I click, and I can cancel it by simply clicking outside of it. (I would have been happier if I could unequip an equipment from a body part simply by clicking on it, but it doesn't seem possible... or is it?)

Anyway, the problem is that this "Unequip" button keeps showing up even if I click on an empty body part. Is there a way to prevent that?
  • Yeah ... that's pretty much how the equipment menu works. Clicking/selecting an equipment part will open the equip box, showing the available equipment for that part and the optional unequip button.
    I don't think there's currently a one-click unequip option available, I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2020
    Having a one-click unequip option would be awesome! Right now, since I don't want the player to be able to equip something from the BodyPart icon, I have to select "One line only" in the GUI box to get rid of the list of the possible items to equip. However, it feels kind of weird to have a menu with only one option ("Unequip"). To equip an item, the player simply clicks on the item shortcut from the inventory menu, so it would make sense if he could also unequip the same item by simply clicking on it in the equipment menu...

Also, is there a way to prevent Unequip for some equipment? For example, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be able to unequip your chainmail in the middle of a battle. So I'd like to have some kind of unequip requirement that checks In Battle.
    Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • I would also enjoy 1 click unequip + forced equip (block unequip)
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • I just saw there is a "Allow Unequip" checkbox in the Equipment Parts Base settings. Could that do the trick?
  • No, that option is there to prevent unequipping from an equipment part.
    E.g. if you want to make sure that there's always a weapon equipped.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!