edited May 2014 in ORK Support
I don't want to open a 3d for every doubt i have... So i have some questions to ask you, of course GiL is our God-mode sage, but everyone's answer is welcome! :)

- is it possible to spawn prefabs in battle depending on status effect? I'd like to set up a custom buff-debuff system, so i'd like to check if a status is applied, then let spawn a small icon near combatant.. How could i check the status and when, as i'd like to do this every moment in every battle?

- Any advice to change background on battle arena? I was thinking about using a variable number given by battle area, and then use that to show a linked background... Could it be done?

- Can i change sprite of the item collector object after i use/close it? Like an open/closed treasure chest?

- Is it possible to make a character perform a double or triple attack in the same turn with Battle ai (i'd like it for monsters...)?

- Can a status reduce all damage to 1? No immune, show 1 damage for both physical and magical attack... I could achieve this by event i think, is it possible to set it by default?

Thanks for reading. ^_^
  • Checking if a status effect is added can be done using a Check Status or Status Fork (to check for multiple things) step. Also, status effects can also spawn prefabs automatically when they're applied - check the effect's Spawn Prefabs settings.

You could either fight in different scenes with different backgrounds (a tutorial on this can be found here), or use the Search Object step find the background object and change it using other steps.

I don't think changing a sprite on the item collector is possible out of the box.

Double/tripple attacks with battle AI - don't think that's possible, and also depends on the battle system type you're using ... generally, you can somewhat fake that by using an ability that does a double/tripple attack :)

Complete immunity to changes can be done with status effects - reducing damage to 1 is a bit more complex and would require you to do this in the damage formulas (e.g. checking for whatever condition that causes that).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!

I was just reading Spawn Prefabs, i suppose it can do the job. I'm just thinking about spawning prefabs in multiple status... Maybe i could check someway the position and add a +X/+Y depending on that.

Thanks for Search Object suggestion! Any advice to get a variable before entering in battle? Maybe a workflow like this: new area ---> change global variable ----> enter in battle ---->
    if variable = a load background1, if variable = b load background2...

Thanks, no problem! Maybe i could spawn a new prefab with event instead of old one. :)

I'll try something, it is not mandatory. I was just wondering if there is a repeat action in the same turn (forcing the 1-action setting)

Thanks, i can do it in damage calculation. :)

• Where you set the variable depends on what scale you need it (e.g. per scene, for different areas in a scene, for each battle).
    E.g. when it's in the scene, use an autostart game event in the scene that sets the variable, if it's for different areas, use a trigger enter game event ... for battles it's simply in the battle start event :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!