edited March 2020 in ORK Support
Hello! I am trying implement gems for equipping my character. Of course, it will be nice to equip several same gems, but i can't - they randomly drops out or jumps in the random slot. I can forcefully equip them in the script, but jumping still happens after next equip - so, by default it is not working and I stopped trying to force them by scripting - because I am afraid corrupt saves or something else. Is it possible to emulate equipping several same items sharing one slot set?
Post edited by orcish_sailor on
  • Sure, you can equip multiple of the same weapon/armor, depending on your setup. Make sure to use the Single equip type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2020
    Hm... Strange. Equip Type was Single by default and I didn't change it. I tried to use Equipment Parts Set where was 3 "gem" parts checkboxes checked. Result always the same - one of 2 equipped Gems dropping out when third Gem equipped.
  • Strange - are there any equip requirements set up for them?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2020
    No, I didn't touched requirements. Items have equipment parts set, custom bonus, auto stack and 1 inventory space per stack. Everything else have default set up. I found what drop happens when I was equipping the LAST gem from inventory. It means I can succesfully equip 3 gems when I have 4 gems in inventory, but not 3 in 3.

I tried unchecking Auto Stack or 1 space per stack - but it doesn't solved the problem. It seems like a bug and happens with both armors and weapons. Though I have only 3 gem slots and it is not a big deal to attach 6 gem types to specific slots - 2 for each.

Update: With Auto Split everything works fine but it looks ugly.
  • Thanks for the details - yeah, that might be a bug, I'll investigate :)
  • Alright, I did some tests - while I didn't run into this specific issue, I've encountered a different one that is most likely related to it.

If you're using Add in the Add Armors Type setting (inventory settings), I'm pretty sure that's the issue. It should work correctly if you cange it to Auto Stack, and there'll be a fix in the next update.
  • Thanks for investigation :)