edited March 2020 in ORK Support
Under the poison ability, I have a battle event that blinks the object if the status effect is applied on the target.

But under the status effect, I have a stop poison blink event on remove that stops the blink, except it'll end the blink when the characters still green (instead of their regular color).

Is there also a way to change the combatants battle hud portrait depending on status effect?

What is the proper way to do this where the character will continuously blink while poisoned effect is applied, but then back to regular color when it is removed?

Question 2) I noticed my knockback battle event is only working for a few enemies when hit, and not all of them enemies despite being called. It has a change position on the target by z -0.7 at a speed of 0.3 seconds and usually that worked? Any idea what could be wrong with that? Every enemy is set up the same.

Question 3) Is there any way to get the post battle end loot/exp dialogues into one gui box like they were before a few updates ago as opposed to separate for each combatant?
Post edited by PBoTG on
  • 1) The best solution would probably be fading your combatant back to the regular color (white) after stopping the blinking in the event.

2) If the enemy is used in another Change Position node (e.g. from one of the enemy's own actions), that'd overrule the previous one. Also, if the enemy is moved by something else (e.g. move AI) it could counter the node's changes. If it's the move AI, you could block the combatant's move AI during the knockback, there's a node for that :)

3) That'd only have changed if you actively changed the setup - this is done in Battle System > Battle End, set the Loot Dialogue Type to Simple.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    Hmm that's actually what I did. The event to remove poison is called on removal in status effects, - the event has stop blinking and fade object(back to regular colors) but it's not actually changing the combatant back to regular colors.

Edit: it's working for the most part now! However, if I'm in the middle of an attack/action(i.e getting damaged) during the time the poison wears off, the character stays green despite the remove poison event running.

As for battle end, it changed to the other layout once I updated Ork.

It used to be one shared dialogue box:

But now under simple it's a series of boxes per combatant to click through. I'm not really sure what options to select to put it under one box.
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • Hm, it's probably some interference from another fade node (or fade from status value changes) - e.g. if a fade uses From Current color and the color happens to be green from poison, that fade would return to green when ending.

That look is set up in the Simple dialogue's Battle Gain Notification via the Total Gains Text, e.g. adding the %e text code to show the experience text.

The per combatant box is displayed if you have Show Combatant Gains enabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!