Hiya,

I am brand new to Ork and have been having a browse through the forums to see what is possible or not but was left with a few questions before I dive in!!...I'm sorry if they have been asked before but i couldn't see.
I'm certainly not a great c# programmer but have some experience and am more than willing to spend time learning.

I have a project using the Invector controller and am hoping to use Ork to add some RPG elements. Its kind of a Sci Fi setting.

Inventory - I have followed the Udemy RPG Inventory course and got this working fine in my game and am hoping to change to using Ork items and inventory - I have looked at @Fashtas posts which look great but can you drag and drop from an item container to your inventory? - for example open a drawer in my game which shows its items in a grid and drag selected objects to inventory? -

InVector - If there is a lot of difference in integrating the various third person controllers - if so I would certainly be willing to look at another one - especially while the asset store sale is on!!!

Abilities - I am hoping to have a mixture of abilities so the player will have a traditional weapon such as a gun which works fine as is in InVector but also things such as a computer hacking skill which I would hope to implement in Ork

There are a number of other bits I am thinking about but don't want to write a massive first post!!

thank you for any replies

Davey
  • Inventory - You can adapt that code to work with containers and bodies.
    Controller - Depends on how involved you want the ORK to be. But it's certainly possible.
    Abilities you can do pretty much what you want.
  • Thanks for the reply :)