• Here is the schematic:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cAuU7DHoJrNUkarp1BvZPPD-upODGb7Z/view?usp=sharing

And of course, I use it in tick machine with Update and I'm not using any framerate limit node, any other reason it might behave like this? I thought there maybe because of enabling the object that contains schematic at runtime somehow makes it behave differently but it not. Or maybe because I left the "Move Component" to "Auto" and not set it to "Rigibody2d" but apparently it also not the case.

My game build for game Jam requires me to use 2 kinds of the controller, 1 for the platformer and 1 for the top-down. And I change it by disabling and enabling the object when entering another trigger to change the controller type.

If it not because of enabling object at runtime or "Move Component" to "'Auto" that makes it behave like this then any other reason why?

I can't think of any other reason to test right now.
  • Sent you an access request for the file, sadly google drive doesn't really recognize my alternate email accounts :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good news, live debugging is coming in BETA 3!

Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That live debugging looks really good.

I am glad to see such a great feature added in.
    Man if I could pay a million dollars to have Makinom magically ready I would do it.
    Looking forward to seeing the official release this year and than seeing the great release of orkframework 3.

Honestly the features already in Makinom beta changes everything in orkframework in such a good way. Thank you for your continued hard work on this.
    I am guessing beta 3 will be within a couple weeks.

Going to ask the fun question that every hates answering. Do you have a timeline for the Makinom full release and Orkframework 3?

Already working on a project that will be in development for a couple years and won't be near done until 2022. I am wondering if I should wait on something for Ork 3 to come out or if I should go ahead and stick with orkframework 2.
    Depending on if the timeline is within one year i could convert over to Orkframework 3.
    Honestly the new version has so many quality of life features for all users.
  • How would you like to handle the payment for the million dollars? :D

BETA 3 will probably be out in about 2 weeks. Live debugging doesn't have any information on the values (e.g. of a variable that's used), though. Still looking into how best to do that, or if it's possible at all.

There isn't a fix timeline - there are still some things I'd like to get into Makinom 2 before official release (e.g. language data import/export for easier translation services). Earliest possible release would be around end of August, I think.
    As for ORK 3, I think the first beta version should be available early 2021.

I wouldn't really recommend to wait - rather work on it, and once the time of Makinom 2/ORK 3 release comes, you can check out if switching is a viable option. As said earlier, there'll be tools to convert your data, but that will not be able to do everything, so you'll have to invest some time (depending on the project a few hours to days) to do some manual changes.
  • edited June 2020
    Good news, found a way to show debug values for the different value selections during live debugging.

Nodes will also list the variable changes they caused and you can view (and change) the local variables of the schematic when no node is selected.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Neat! I can't wait for Beta 3 and hope this little bug below in the new Unity version got fixes too. :)

I just update my project to 2019.3.15 from 2019.3.5 but Unity somehow broke the arrow in the machine and I can't expand it. I think maybe Unity broke other things too :/ but need more time using it in that version, for now, I will using Makinom in 3.5.

Feel like Unity fix 1 bug but also created another bug. :(
  • @Night I have noticed the same problem on 2019.4 LTS
    Can't expand the submenus on the machine ispector. The same is also on classic Makinom.
  • @Night
    Just got to testing out your schematic - works fine for me (both in-editor and in a built game).
    Could you send me a small test project with your setup for this, since this seems to include other pieces as well that could influence the outcome. Also, which Unity version and build target are you using?
  • edited June 2020
    @gamingislove
    I just sent you an email with the project link.
    But you don't have to look at it if you feel don't want to. I mean maybe is just because on my end that my Unity build has a problem. And it just a small problem that can easily fix anyway. :)

Almost forgot. Unity version is 2019.3.5 and builds for windows.

Oh! And I just remember that when I build for WebGL and playtest it on itch.io. My game is not working as expected. Player simply not falling down, moving and the camera follows still working, but somehow player gravity is not applied. I think it also because my Unity build has a problem.
    Post edited by Night on
  • edited June 2020
    Looking good for BETA 3 being available later this week.

@Night
    Hm, I didn't get your email.
    WebGL isn't supported officially, so that might be why :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Isn't your email is gamingislove@gmail.com ?
    I will send it to this email community@orkframework.com then.
  • Ah, yeah, but I don't really check the gmail address - it's just needed when I need to have permission to download something via google drive, as google doesn't take my other addresses there (even if they're registered).

Thanks, got it now.
  • @Night
    Alright, checked it out - it's basically an issue with your setup :)
    Since you're using rigidbodies for movement, you should use Fixed Update, both for the Tick Machine's start type and update type. Rigidbodies need to be updated in the physics tick (i.e. fixed update), using the regular (frame) udpate can lead to issues, e.g. seeming to behave differently in editor and build game.