I'm getting some errors from this script. Is this the correct way to start a schematic from script?
using UnityEngine;
using Makinom;

public class test : MonoBehaviour
{
public MakinomSchematicAsset schematicAsset; //define schematic

// Start is called before the first frame update
void Start()
{
Schematic schematic = new Schematic(this.schematicAsset); //load schematic
}

// Update is called once per frame
void Update()
{
schematic.PlaySchematic(null, machineObject, startObject, false, MachineUpdateType.Update); //execute schematic
}
}

Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • Generally, yes, but you're creating the schematic in the Start function as a local variable for that function, i.e. it's not accessible in the Update function.

Also, you need to add the schematic namespace:
    using Makinom.Schematics;
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is this correct?
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using Makinom;
    using Makinom.Schematics;

public class test : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public MakinomSchematicAsset schematicAsset; //define schematic

// Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {

}

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update()
    {
    Schematic schematic = new Schematic(this.schematicAsset); //load schematic
    schematic.PlaySchematic(null, machineObject, startObject, false, MachineUpdateType.Update); //execute schematic
    }
    }

only getting these errors now
  • Well, since you don't have these 2 anywhere, they'd naturally throw errors. You can replace them with this.gameObject instead, to use the component's game object as machine/starting object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!