I'm very new to Ork and been trying to follow the tutorials using a 2D game. So far I've been able to follow the first three tutorials, but tutorial 4 with the simple dialogue event has been pretty hard. I put the interaction controller onto the player prefab, made the event and event interaction but it doesn't seem to work. The player just walks into the NPC and even when I press enter nothing happens. Could it be an issue with the custom character controller I'm using? It's just a very basic controller to move a 2d sprite. Would it interfere with the interaction key? I'm sorry if this is such a newbie question.

Are there more tutorials available for 2d games?
  • I'm also pretty new, so I might be mistaken, but I imagine the issue is trying to use the Box Collider and Rigidbody in 2D. Try using replacing those components with the 2D versions of each, and see if that fixes it.
  • I'd recommend to first go through the game tutorials without changes, before trying to implement your own stuff.

If you've already finished them, I'd check out the how-to on 2D games. Generally, you'll want to use 2D colliders and rigidbodies instead of the regular (3D) ones.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!