edited April 2020 in ORK Support
After using ORK for a year and a half I should know this. What I want to do is have a scene changer activate across the room from the player when a specific quest is either active or finished. I put those requirements in quest conditions component on the scene changer (requiring one of the conditions). I also tried it with only active as a condition. After you pick up the quest, I have a node in the event to activate the quest, but the scene changer will not activate. Thanks everyone!

I have an event that has some dialogue and tells you where to go. It never stops spawning when I reenter the scene. Flags are set, variables set. Just will not stop spawning.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K6x2CEy6ai_rMFMJa9h_F6JJVgwTQRiv

I just renamed the variables to something for an example. Up until this point, I've been spawning prefabs and destroying them. Kinda hacked my way through adding quests.
Post edited by Sierota1701 on
  • You can create event with Load Scene Node and add it to empty object with event that activate on entering. Before Loading Scene Node add all checks you want.
  • Thanks @JMR! Gonna give it a shot in a few minutes.
  • Round 2:
    Value Type. You have Game Variable when checking variable and Value in after event variable change.
  • Yeah. No matter which way I set it up it just keeps respawning. I tried a bunch of different ways. Back to prefab spawning and destroying. LOL.
  • When defining variable keys, you'll usually want to use the Value value type.

The Game Variable value type defines that the used value is stored in a game variable, i.e. instead of storing/checking something in the quest01Started game variable, you're using whatever is stored in the quest01Started game variable as variable key.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahh. Thanks @gamingislove and @JMR. Much appreciated.