Hi,

I'm new to Ork, and I'm having trouble adding the References to use Gameplay source code. I followed the how-to, but I'm running into all sorts of troubles. I'm currently using Unity 2019.13.10f1 with Visual Studio Community 2017 and I just can't use the source code... The tutorial is very old and it's for Unity 4.6, how can I use that method in Unity 2019? Seems like a bad start and I'm already starting to feel disappointed with Ork :) Don't get me wrong, but I want to be able to edit core gameplay to suit my project and I lost about 5 hours trying to figure how to add the damn references. Can someone please help? Wouldn't it be easier to just let us use the source code for gameplay?

Cheers,
BorisPT
  • You can also use ORK's gameplay source code directly in Unity, although you might have to do some changes to comment out some code that's otherwise handled in ORK's DLL compilation.
    However, doing that will cause all ORK components and assets in your project to lose their scripts, so I'd recommend to only doing that in new projects.

As for compiling your own DLLs - how this is working is basically the same up until now. Only Unity 2019.3 is now distributing the Unity UI as a package. You can either use the UnityEngine.UI.dll from an older Unity version, use the DLL that's compiled by one of your Unity projects (should by somewhere in the project's Library folder) or use the Unity UI package's code to compile your own UnityEngine.UI.dll file.

I know it's a bit complicated now due to Unity splitting their engine into packages (also makes my live a lot more difficult), but that's usually a one time thing to do :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!