Hello, I want to add enemies who can carry out long-range attacks in real time battles. I hope they can automatically stop and start attacking the player when the hunting protagonist reaches a certain position. I tried to set the range of use on the enemy's ability, but it didn't work. I have also tried to check the current enemy distance on the enemy's Battle AI, but it didn' worked. How should I do?Should I change the enemy's move AI?
  • If they're far away from the player, it might be due to battle/AI ranges - they're set up in Battle System > Battle Settings and manage the distance to the player for considering combatants as part of the battle and allow them using AI.

These settings are basically there to improve performance by ignoring far away enemies. Depending on your needs, you can also completely disable using these restrictions :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: battle/AI range
    English is not my mother tongue, sorry I did n’t make my question clear
    The question I want to ask is that the mage who should attack in the distance, like ordinary soldiers, runs to the player and throws a fireball. How do you keep the mage from attacking in the distance?
  • Ah, sorry for misunderstanding the question.

That could be:
    - the move AI of the combatant
    - the use range of the ability

I think it's most likely the move AI of the combatant. For long range combatants, I'd recommend using the Caution mode/settings of the move AI. This will let the combatant keep a defined distance to the target.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!