edited June 2014 in ORK Support
Is there a way to display dialogs after you fade a screen to black; but, before you fade it back to normal?

What I am trying to do is fade the screen to black on start and then fade it back in AFTER some dialog takes place.

Thanks
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You can either use a game event instead of the scene changer (using the Load Scene step), or disable fading in in the scene changer and handle that by the autostart event that displays the dialogues.

You can use game variables and variable conditions to only do this once - e.g. add two scene changer components, one that fades in and one that doesn't.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm interested in this to, i tried to make this using fade out - dialogue - fade in during an event that replenish HP/MP, like a resting point, but without success... Any advice without changing scene or other things? :)
  • Ah, your problem is the dialogues aren't visible due to the faded screen?

In that case, you'll have to work with GUI Layers - add a new GUI layer in Menus > GUI Layers, enable Screen Fader in the layer before the new layer and select the new GUI layer in the GUI box you want to use.

GUI layers are used to manage displaying different GUI elements - e.g. if you want a dialogue always to be above HUDs and menus, or in your case, to display stuff above the screen fader :)
    The GUI layer with Screen Fader enabled will display the screen fader after that layer (and before the next).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GiL! When i have time i will try it! Cheers. :)
  • Gil,
    The layers worked perfectly!

Thanks.