edited June 2020 in ORK Support
I just followed Tutorial 25. Animating special actions. Everything seems to work apart from the escape button being greyed out for my combatant. What controls if a combatant can use escape or not?
Post edited by Thunderstump on
  • That's controlled by the Battle component's Can Escape setting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmm, can't find it. Did I miss this in one of the earlier tutorials?

I've been looking under Battle Menus and Combatants. Not sure where the "components" can be found.
  • It's set on the game object in your scene that starts the battle, which has a Battle component attached. The setting can be changed in the inspector when having the game object selected :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oooh, found it thanks.

I went back and looked at tutorial 18. "The First Battle", and it seems like the battle is implemented with this disabled.

I might have missed something, but I didn't find anywhere in following tutorials that tells you to re-enable it again. Might be something to add to tutorial 25 "Animating special actions".
  • The setting is made per battle you set up in the scene via the Battle component. The first fight that's set up by the tutorial specifically disables it so you can't run from the fight.

For the rest of the battles it's not mentioned, i.e. you should just use the default setting (which is allowing to escape).
  • Ah, yes that's true. Though following the tutorial I only have that one battle set up at this point.